Hummingbird stuck on checking enqueued files

Hi,
I just tried to use hummingbird. All seemed OK (though there was an issue where my revolution slider stopped working due to duplicate jquery - think I can fix that by excluding a file?). Then I tried the check enqueue section and it was checking for about 20 minutes so seemed to be stuck. Tried deactivating the plugin which dodn't work, ended up renaming the folder via FTP then deleting it there. Under WPMUDev plugins it's still listed as being installed.

Please can you check on this for me?

I have granted support access.

Thanks!

James Morris

Hello Jon,

I hope you are well today. Thank you for having Support Staff Login enabled so I could look into this issue further.

I just checked your site and our cache has caught up with your site and is no longer listing Hummingbird as being installed. Sometimes, when you have to manually remove a plugin via FTP, it takes a little while for this update to show in WPMU DEV Dashboard.

Regarding the minification in Hummingbird, the best approach is to enable combining and minification on a one at a time basis. This ensures you are excluding the files that will cause functionality issues.

The following video goes through the basic steps of testing each file one at a time. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DxbXlV2lrfM

The basic idea is to disable minify and combine globally, then enable it on a one-by-one basis.

I hope this clarifies a bit.

Best regards,

James Morris

Jon

Hi James, thanks for your reply.

I have just reinstalled hummingbird and this check enqueue bit is taking ages again, is this right?

I am also getting a ton of notifications from my Sucuri plugin all saying this:

Notification:
    Wphb_minify_group (private to published); identifier: 3538; name: 6701d59a30b2a2d844a7f236e544203a-scripts

Is this expected and OK? Seems like it is looping or something as I've had the same notification about 30 times since starting this check. Same notification email pinging through every 5 seconds or so. Seems something is wrong here?

Please advise.

Thanks

Luís

Hi Jon ,

Hope you're doing well today!

Firstly, thanks for your patience here! Regarding to your questions:

1)

I have just reinstalled hummingbird and this check enqueue bit is taking ages again, is this right?

This may be related to the number of files being checked or to the server resources. However, can you give us access to your admin panel, so we can give a look?

If you don't already know, please, follow the link below, to see how enable the staff login:

http://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/wpmu-dev-dashboard-enabling-staff-login/

When you enable this option, please post again!

2)

I am also getting a ton of notifications from my Sucuri plugin all saying this:

Notification:
    Wphb_minify_group (private to published); identifier: 3538; name: 6701d59a30b2a2d844a7f236e544203a-scripts

This was already reported and it seems to be related to the alerts from Sucuri when there is a change in a custom post type (in this case, an internal custom post type created by Hummingbird, "Wphb_minify_group" used to avoid creating extra database tables). Please check this article:

https://wordpress.org/support/topic/post-update-notifications-for-wphb_minify_group/#post-8946318

Can you try the suggestion given by the Sucuri support, disabling the notifications from "Wphb_minify_group" in Sucuri Security -> Settings -> Ignore Alerts?

Cheers, Luís