[Hummingbird] Test score getting worse

Hi, my test score on hummingbird is getting worse since I went pro? Thanks

• jnkfrancis

Hi Graeme,

I hope you're having a great day. I've been looking at your Performance Report and your Hummingbird settings. One of the big issues is that you have a large number of uncompressed images. The thing is, that those images are Twitter and Facebook images from your like boxes, and there really isn't anything you can do to improve those images. Did you happen to add those boxes recently? If so that would account for the recent drop in your score.

You could do an experiment and remove the Facebook and Twitter widgets from your site, clear the cache and then run the test again. I think you will see a marked improvement in your score. So you may have to decide between the social feeds and a higher page speed score.

There are some things that you can do to improve your score in the area of "Improve Server Response".

1: Enable Browser Caching at Hummingbird > Caching "Browser Caching" That will help speed things up for your users and improve your score. The configuration is pretty easy and straightforward.

2: Check the error on your "Page Caching" section. You will need to login to your site via FTP and check your wp-config.php file and make sure that

define('WP_CACHE', true);

is in your file. This will enable your page caching and will significantly improve your server response.

Screenshot: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1kei2IVUS0Zg03AN4kv6_exuEX982Je_G/view?usp=sharing

3: Talk to your host and ask them if you can upgrade to PHP 7 and make sure that your server is optimized for WordPress.

Those three things will make a big difference in your page speed score.

If you have any more questions please let us know.

Thanks!

Jeremy

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.