Hummingbird-Website Review

Hello!
I am currently running WP Rocket and Max CDN on my site. My question is i want to make my site as fast as possible (as i'm also running a background homepage video). Do you offer a service that will review my site and make any and all necessary changes that will speed it up??
Maybe install hummingbird as well? Please let me know if this is something you offer. Thanks!

• Nastia

Hello J.D. , I hope you are doing well!

The Hummingbird plugin scanning your's site performance and provide suggestions and solutions to make your site to load faster and to improve Google rankings.

From the screenshot you shared, the Leverage Browser Caching will be improved with Browser Caching feature within the Hummingbird plugin.

The Minification feature will help you improve the rating for "Combine external Javascript" rank. Important, always approach the minification with care, if themes and plugin not following the WordPress standards, it might brake the front end of your site.

Move the JS files to a footer and choose the "Combine" option, do it for one file at the time, each time checking the front end.

In overall the Minification should reduce the size of your site. One note only, the plugin is not integrated with Max CDN, though this should not cause any issues.

Here are some articles that will help you get started with Hummingbird:
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/blog/hummingbird/
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/blog/eliminate-render-blocking-issues-hummingbird/
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/blog/faster-with-cloudways-wpmu-dev/

Let me know if you have any further questions!

Cheers,
    Nastia

• Nastia

Hello there J.D.

The Hummingbird should work with caching plugins, like WP Rocket.

Although as for the following features:
    - GZIP Compression
    - Browser Caching
    - Minification/Concatenation
    - Defer JS Loading

These are the features that the Hummingbird is also providing, this means that you will need to choose one plugin to run this features, they can not be enabled at the same time with both plugins.

As for your question, we can only see if the Hummingbird will improve your site load time by installing the plugin itself and we can guide through the procedure. If you wish not to install a plugin on your live site. you can create a development copy of your site and test it there.

The fact that i can't use my MAX CDN with hummingbird, makes me skeptic that hummingbird will be any better or as better than what i already have.

You can use the MAX CDN along site with Hummingbird plugin. The whole Cloudflare integration with the Hummingbird allows to a user to manage cloud browser caching from the wp-admin dashboard. The Hummingbird can run flawlessly alongside MAX CDN.

Let me know if you have any further questions!

Cheers,
    Nastia

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.