Hummingbird, Wishlist Member and WP-Masquerade

Hi,

I've installed Hummingbird on my website and if Wishlist Member and/or WP Masquerade is active, it is giving JQuery errors that stop Hummingbird working. There also seems to be a conflict with WP-SEO but when WLM and WP Masquerade are disabled, the problem disappears. Here are the errors I'm seeing in the console of Chrome.

Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'length' of undefined at wp-seo-admin-global-450.min.js?ver=4.5:1

Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'length' of undefined chosen.jquery.js:829

chosen.jquery.js:829 has the following url:
https://mysite/path/wp-content/plugins/wishlist-member/js/chosen.jquery.js?ver=2.92.3201

• Kasia Swiderska

Hello Charly,

I can see errors in your console, but I tested Hummingbird and WP Masquerade on my site and I can't replicate this issue at all. Hummingbird with Masquerade works correctly.
    My suspicion is that Wishlist plugin is culprit here, but I can't test that plugin because it is a paid one and I don't have access to it.
    Would you mind sharing your copy of plugin for testing purposes? If you can do that could you please send in the following via our secure contact form https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/ :

- Mark to my attention, the subject line should contain only: ATTN: Kasia Swiderska
    - Do not include anything else in the subject line, doing so may delay our response due to how email filtering works.
    - Link back to this thread
    - Link to zipped plugin
    - Include any relevant URLs for your site

IMPORTANT: Please make sure you select "I have a different question" for your topic, so it doesn't go back to the forums - this and the subject line ensure that it gets assigned to me.

Please confirm here that you send that message

kind regards,
    Kasia

• Lindeni Mahlalela

Hello Charly,

I hope you are doing great today. Thank you very much for the suggestions.

I have considered your suggestion and modified a copy of the latest version of Hummingbird and attached the modified copy here. Please download and install the attached copy of Hummingbird to your install, test it and let us know how it works.

You can install by unzipping it and upload it to 'wp-content/plugins/wp-hummingbird' overwriting the currently installed 'wp-hummingbird' folder.

Please note that this is not a final release and there are no plans yet to include it in the next release and so keep in mind that these changes may be overwritten during an update. Just so you know, I have done the following:

File: '/plugins/wp-humming-bird/externals/shared-ui/wdev-ui.js'
    I have changed

jQuery(".wpmud select").each(function(){
    		WDP.wpmuSelect(this);
    });

Into this

jQuery("select.wdev-ui-select").each(function(){
    		WDP.wpmuSelect(this);
    });

Then I have found all <select> elements inside the plugin code and added the class 'wdev-ui-select' which is targeted by the above JavaScript.

Please let us know how this works with the other plugins activated.

I hope you enjoy your day.

Cheers,
    Mahlamusa

• Lindeni Mahlalela

Hi Charly,

I am happy to know that things are working now.

Unfortunately this fix is not included in the current version and yes it will undo the changes if you update. I suggest you update download the new version, extract it, apply the fix and upload it to your website using FTP.

All you have to do to apply the fix is to modify the JavaScript file '/plugins/wp-humming-bird/externals/shared-ui/wdev-ui.js as suggested above and then find all occurrences of the <select> tag in the plugin files and add the class 'wdev-ui-select'. see the screenshot for which files to change.

Once you have applied those changes you should then test them on a development environment and upload to live website once you are sure about the changes.

I hope that helps. Please let me know if you are having any trouble.

I hope you enjoy the rest of the day.

Cheers,
    Mahlamusa

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.