[Hummingbird] WP super cache conflicts with Hummingbird?

Hi there,
Our website is currently working with MaxCDN and Hummingbird. To improve page speed, i'm considering activate WP super cache plugin. My question is: will it conflict with Humming bird plugin?
Thanks

• Patrick Freitas
    • Staff

Hi OnlyDinosaurs

How are you today?

The plugin is ultra compatible. However I made this test before, I had no problem using WP Super Cache and Hummingbird on the same time, if you feel that there is a conflict you can open a support ticket and we can have a closer look.

You can find some information on project page:

Q: Do I need Hummingbird if I already have WP Rocket or W3 Total Cache?
    A: Yes! If you already use WP Rocket or W3 Total Cache the special monitoring tools Hummingbird offers makes it worth it. To ensure compatibility only activate overlapping features in one of the plugins.

Q: Does Hummingbird work with plugins like WP Super Cache, Batcache or the full-page caching feature my Managed WordPress host offers?
    A: Yes! Hummingbird is stacked with its own powerful cache including full-page cache. But if you absolutely love WP Super Cache, Batcache or the caching tool provided through your Host, you can continue using your preferred service.

https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/wp-hummingbird/

Have a Great Day,
    Best Regards,
    Patrick Freitas

• OnlyDinosaurs
      • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Hi Patrick,

I followed your guide, and activated the WP super cache plugin. Unfortunately, it did conflict with hummingbird. Now Hummingbird could not locate the WP_CACHE constant in wp-config.php file for WordPress. See attached image for more details. We already deactivated WP super cache. Website: https://onlydinosaurs.com/

The support access is activated. Please advice how to fix hummingbird?
      Thank you,

• Patrick Freitas
    • Staff

Hi OnlyDinosaurs

Sorry to hear that you are having this problem, you will need to edit the wp-config.php

Wouldn't you mind please using the FTP access the WordPress Root Folder > wp-config.php select and click to edit, search for any:

//define('WP_CACHE' true);

If there is the above code on wp-config.php remove the //, if it doesn't exist please to add the code above of /* That's all, stop editing! Happy blogging. */

define('WP_CACHE' true);

Back to WordPress dashboard > Hummingbird plugin .

The problem should be solved.

Best Regards,
    Patrick Freitas

• Patrick Freitas
    • Staff

Hi OnlyDinosaurs

Wouldn't you mind please to send me the FTP information and I can have a closer look.

Note: Don't leave your login details in this ticket.
    Instead, you can send us your details using our contact form https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/#i-have-a-different-question:
    Subject: "Attn: Patrick Freitas"
    - Site login URL
    - WordPress admin username
    - WordPress admin password
    - FTP credentials (host/username/password)
    - cPanel credentials (host/username/password)
    - Folder path to site in question
    - Link back to this thread for reference
    - Any other relevant urls/info

Let me know when you send em the information.
    Have a great day,
    Patrick Freitas

• Patrick Freitas
    • Staff

Hi OnlyDinosaurs

Yes, that is a safe way to send the information, however you can generate another password if you wish.
    About the wp-config.php my apologies, this was my mistake, I missed a comma on the function.

I added now the right code:

define('WP_CACHE', true); // Added by WP Hummingbird
    /* That's all, stop editing! Happy blogging. */

And you can access on the WordPress dashboard the plugin, the cache function will be working.

Have a Great Day,
    Best Regards,
    Patrick Freitas

• OnlyDinosaurs
      • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Thanks for your help. Hummingbird page cache works fine now.

OK, let's get back to the original question:
      You confirmed that Hummingbiard is able to compatible with WP super cache, right? But the truth is NOT. See attached image. Why?

We activated WP super cache yesterday. And the wp-config.php file got messed, caused above problem. How come?

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.