Hustle API to email lists

Hello
I have a managed WordPress (WP) account with Go Daddy. Although this is helpful for me as a newbie (they automatically back up my site and provide general advice), Go Daddy wont do any back end support for WP.
I am currently doing a 14 day free trial with WPMU DEV with a view to take up a subscription. Given the limitations on WP specific support with Go Daddy, I am keen to get into both the WPMUDEV training and support.
Today I began to play with Hustle and I have a few questions.
RE HUSTLE: I currently have subscribed to the Go Daddy email marketing service, which is an affiliation of the Mad Mimi email service, but I am also looking to connect a really flexible landing page plugin, and I think that may be HUSTLE.
I have trialed linking a list to HUSTLE from my WP site, but it is asking for the Mad Mimi API, of which I do not have an account (I just have GoDaddy email marketing). Can you please tell me what the function and benefits are to linking to an API in this case? I think it is so all sign ups are sent directly to my list, which I can then link to an auto responder series. Does that sound right?
I also have POP UP PRO... would I be better off using that plugin?

Thankyou
Trish

• Luís

Hi Tiecia ,

Hope you're doing well today!

The API credentials are necessary to Hustle connect with your account (in this case with Mad Mimi) to get the user list, to add the subscribers (Audience) registered through your website.

When a user add your email through Hustle subscribe form, he/she are automatically added to the list chosen.

I also have POP UP PRO... would I be better off using that plugin?

PopUp Pro is a plugin designed to create pop ups, you can add a subscribe form inside a pop up, but you will need to use a plugin or add an embeb code (like the code generated in Mailchimp) to create your subscribe form.

Hustle it's a plugin specially designed to create email opt-in forms, dedicated to this feature, integrated with the most used mailing list services (Mailchimp, Sendy, etc), when Pop Up Pro is a generic plugin to create pop ups (with their special features too).

I hope this information has been helpful. If I can help you in this or other questions, please let me know!

Cheers, Luís

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.