Hustle Call To Action Button

I am just using Hustle for the first time, and creating a common cookie notice for countries that require it. I’d like the Call To Action button to simple imply acknowledgement that cookies are used and approved. So I don’t want to jump to a link, I just want the popup to close.
Any tips for doing that technically?
Also, is that an appropriate way to provide notice like this?
Thanks!

• Tony G

I worked with Adam Czajczyk in Live Chat and we got this resolved. I didn't know that a SlideIn will show a 'Never see this message again' while a PopUp does not - and there are some other differences. I thought popup/slidein was just a visual animation but it's not.

So now, I still don't know if we can do anything different with a Call To Action button, other than opening a link. That's fine really, and that serves a specific purpose that I don't need here which is just a "I have read this" confirmation.

The only thing I would ask/suggest is that there could be user-defined text to substitute for 'Never see this message again', which would have the exact same function of just closing the popup, except that it would also confirm some other specific intent.

I believe Adam Czajczyk is also looking into an issue with the Admin Test mode. We're seeing issues with the popup redisplaying while testing - can't see it again, can't test it again. There is an Eye icon in the Content & Design area but that's not the same as being able to see the results on-site.

Any feedback is still appreciated on whether this is a good/legal way to get cookie confirmation/approval, though that might depend on locale-specific rules. Oy ve.

• Predrag Dubajic

Hi Tony,

Glad to hear that you managed to get getting in right direction with Adam's help.
    I do have couple of questions regarding the other stuff you added in your comment.

I didn't know that a SlideIn will show a 'Never see this message again' while a PopUp does not - and there are some other differences. I thought popup/slidein was just a visual animation but it's not.

PopUp and SlideIn have some differences about how they work and different settings for closing the message.
    However 'Never see this message again' should be visible in PopUp and not in SlideIn, not the other way around.
    Did you confuse it in your comment or you indeed don't see 'Never see this message again' in your PopUp?

The only thing I would ask/suggest is that there could be user-defined text to substitute for 'Never see this message again', which would have the exact same function of just closing the popup, except that it would also confirm some other specific intent.

This currently can't be changed from Hustle options directly but the text is included in translation files so you can either use those or a plugin like Ultimate Branding and its Text Change module to change that text.

I believe Adam Czajczyk is also looking into an issue with the Admin Test mode. We're seeing issues with the popup redisplaying while testing - can't see it again, can't test it again. There is an Eye icon in the Content & Design area but that's not the same as being able to see the results on-site.

Preview can be different from original popup as sometimes theme CSS can affect the popup design and since theme CSS is loaded only on frontend you won't see that in backend of your site.
    As for the redisplaying issue, the admin will be affected by the 'Never see this message again' as well but you can always disable that and enable Admin Test in Hustle > Custom Content so that only Admin is seeing the popup while you're setting it up.
    Or you can use Incognito mode for testing it multiple times, you can start incognito mode in Chrome by pressing Cmd+Shift+N on Mac or Ctrl+Shift+N on Windows machine.

Best regards,
    Predrag

• Tony G

However 'Never see this message again' should be visible in PopUp and not in SlideIn, not the other way around. Did you confuse it ..?

Yes, PopUps do show the message.

a plugin like Ultimate Branding and its Text Change module to change that text

Forgot about that. Will do.

enable Admin Test in Hustle > Custom Content so that only Admin is seeing the popup while you're setting it up.

Oh, so THAT is what that does! I thought Admin Test meant that the counter wouldn't apply, allowing the admin to keep seeing changes on the live site. This isn't mentioned in the doc page.

Or you can use Incognito mode for testing it multiple times

I tried that with FireFox but wasn't using it properly. I develop with FF and test with Chrome. I opened a new instance of FF in Incognito mode expecting that it would get new session cookies but it didn't. Thinking about this now, I understand why it didn't work and will use Incognito with Chrome more.

Great follow-up suggestions. Thanks Predrag Dubajic !

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.