Hustle Custom Content Is Broken On Site

Team WPMU,

Just updated Hustle to the new 2.0. Sadly, it isn't working.

Email Opt-Ins appear to work as before. Custom Content, however, does not.

- First, I can't see it aside from the preview button on the back end. Just never shows on the site in any circumstances. I can see the preview on the back end, but it never displays on the front end.

- Second, none of the formatting options available with Email Opt Ins seen to be available with custom content. Never even see format options -- admin screen looks much like the old "Pop-Up" plugin used to look. The previewed pop-up looks nothing short of pathetic without the Hustle formatting options.

I'm glad to see that there is now a custom content area. That is a great step. But, I expected the actual formatting ability that Hustle provides to Op-Ins in terms of colors and layout. To just shoehorn in the old Pop-Up code is a true disappointment.

Please tell me that v2.1 will provide the full service for both email opt-ins and custom content messages.

Rob

• Nithin

Hi jetmac,

Styling, especially image styling, looks terrible, though. It really needs those layout options...

Glad to know that the popup is working fine now. Related to image style, at the moment there is only option to align image to the left, or right. Other than that you'll have to use custom CSS to make any style changes related to this.

I could see that the formatting options related to Email-optins, aren't available in Custom Content, I'll bring your observations, and suggestions to the developers attention, so that they would consider this in the future release of Hustle.

I hope this helps, please advise if I had missed out anything, have a nice day.

Kind Regards,
    Nithin

• jetmac

Nithin ,

Looks like the browser (chrome) needed it's history erased in order for the plugin to show on my screen. Not sure why this is, but I think you need to look into that. It's very confusing going to look for your new pop-up and never seeing it. I spent 30 minutes going through every option possible in the plugin trying to get that to show - frustration is an understatement. I figured it out on the second try after using other browsers to trouble shoot it.

Yes, I see those design options. But, that design interface is exactly like the old Pop-Up Pro and Slide-In plugins, not like the newer design interface for the email opt-ins.

This is a significant devaluation of the plugin, IMO, as the "old" system doesn't have responsive images or control of placement, which is a huge benefit for the "new" opt-in form builder.

In addition, the Custom Content front end has the same out-dated title and button layout as Pop-Up Pro and Side-In had. One of the biggest benefits to the Hustle plugin is that the styles were updated to keep up with other premium plugins like SumoMe.

The bottom line result is that email opt-ins looks great and custom content ones do not.

Again, I appreciate that the custom content area was added -- thank you for that. I'm happy that the custom content option actually functions, as Pop-Up and Slide-In were starting to have serious problems in that regard. However, the reality that it doesn't allow for a majority of the aesthetic improvements in the Hustle plugin is a real disappointment.

I hope that the next update resolves this and brings the ENTIRE plugin up to the same standard.

• Nithin

Hi jetmac,

Hope you are doing good today.

Looks like the browser (chrome) needed it's history erased in order for the plugin to show on my screen. Not sure why this is, but I think you need to look into that. It's very confusing going to look for your new pop-up and never seeing it. I spent 30 minutes going through every option possible in the plugin trying to get that to show - frustration is an understatement. I figured it out on the second try after using other browsers to trouble shoot it.

I did try to test this, but I'm not able to replicate this in my system. Do you have cache enabled? Are you able to replicate the same in another system, if yes, please do let us know the exact steps to replicate, so that I could have a better idea regarding this.

I do understand your concern regarding the custom content, at the moment, I'm afraid you'll have to make use of Custom CSS in order to make any such design changes to the custom content opt-ins layout. I have already passed your suggestion, and have brought this to developers attention, and hopefully more design choices will be implemented down the road map.

Kind Regards,
    Nithin

• jetmac

Nithin ,

Thanks.

I've attached two images to illustrate what I'm talking about in terms of the custom content design vs the Opt In design.

The custom content design does not have the same image flexibility. Not only is it limited in placement options, but the images placed are constrained by the vertical height of the text area and are not responsive in any way (see attached). So, it pretty much needs customization in almost every circumstance right out of the box.

The mail opt-ins, though, are much more refined in their design, offer more layout choices, and not only have responsive images, but also have respect for the sizing of the images themselves (image size maintained instead of being compressed/cropped to the size of the text area). This is what a similar email opt-in looks like, without any customization (attached):

It would be great if the Custom Content opt-ins had the same native design rules (image placement, responsiveness, etc) and options as the Email Opt-Ins do. Without that, it is really confusing and significantly detracts from what this plugin is trying to achieve.

Thanks,
    Rob

• Nithin

Hi jetmac,

It would be great if the Custom Content opt-ins had the same native design rules (image placement, responsiveness, etc) and options as the Email Opt-Ins do. Without that, it is really confusing and significantly detracts from what this plugin is trying to achieve.

Thank you for posting a detailed overview, I already passed your observation to the developer.

I did, but no longer.

As Kasia mentioned, Minification is meant to optimize the website, and it should be turned on, once a website is done, & ready for production. I did try to test with Hummingbird enabled, in a default WordPress theme, and it seems like it does work fine, but still it could be related to minification though.

Did disabling Minification resolved the issue? If yes, re-checking the minification might help here, however, would recommend you to enable minification once the website is ready.

I hope this helps. Have a nice day.

Kind Regards,
    Nithin