Hustle - doesn't work with my theme

hello

i have been chatting to support on chat and have issues with hustle. the forms do not load so i am unable to use it at all. The support guy Apurba has already run plugin conflict test & the issue only with my theme. please help!!

• Rupok

Hi Lesley,

So sorry to hear the inconvenience. I've checked Hustle with default WordPress themes and it works absolutely fine. I've also checked Hustle with some themes from the WordPress official theme repository, and it works fine with those too. As the theme you are currently using on your site is a third party paid theme, and I don't have any access to its coding and architecture, I'm not sure what is causing this. But the theme developer can give you best idea regarding this as he developed this theme.

Can you please contact the theme developer regarding this? Please let us know what he says about this. If there is anything to do from our end, we will be glad to do that.

Have a nice day. Cheers!
    Rupok

• Nithin

Hi Lesley,

Hope you are doing good today.

Since Hustle does work in other default themes, and have issue only with Pro Photo, so it's more of a theme specific issue, as the plugin is designed to work out of the box in any themes.

If you have already pointed them that this is a theme specific issue, and it didn't help much. Could you please send us your theme, so that I could test, and see how Hustle works in it. However, since it's a premium theme, I'm not sure how the test would go.

You can send credentials by using our secure contact form: https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/#i-have-a-different-question

- To Mark to my attention, the subject line should contain only: ATTN: Nithin Ramdas
    - Download Link to your theme, you can use Dropbox, Google Drive etc to share the file
    -WordPress admin username
    -WordPress admin password
    -login url
    -link back to this thread for reference
    -any other relevant urls

Have a nice day.

Kind Regards,
    Nithin

• Lesley

tried again wit ProPhoto - here is there response - i hope you guys can help instead!

Thanks for understanding, Lesley, but our developers can't take the time to learn how your Hustle plugin works and figure out why it doesn't load properly when ProPhoto 6 is being used.

But if you're right, and the plugin works with another theme active, why not temporarily turn on your old theme and setup the plugin? Then, switch back to ProPhoto 6. Maybe it will do what you need?

Be aware, though, that there are dozens of popup plugins available - you don't need to use Hustle when there are lots of other options for WordPress...
    Steve Post
    ProPhoto Support

• Nithin

Hi Lesley,

Terribly sorry for the delay in getting back to you, it's been a busy week. Thank you for sending in the theme. I created a new design in my system, named Crafted, under ProPhoto > Manage Designs, but Hustle worked fine in my test.

Then, I exported your design NHP2017, and then imported into my system, but Hustle still does seem to work fine in my test.

It seems like Hustle is disabled in your system, since it's a live site I didn't enable it without checking it with you. Is it okay, if I could enable Hustle in your system?

I would also like to disable all the other plugins in your system to see whether we haven't missed out anything here. Please do let us know whether you are comfortable with us testing this further, by disabling all the other plugins too.

Please do advise, if I had missed anything here, so that we could help get you sorted asap. Have a nice day ahead.

Best Regards,
    Nithin

• Mahlamusa

Hello Lesley

I hope you are doing great today I am sorry for the late reply and sorry that the Hustle plugin is not working for you and would like to help in anyway possible.

I have tried to figure out the cause of conflict between Hustle and Pro Photo 6 theme. I have tested multiple times in multiple installs with multiple different themes. I got Hustle to without issues with a lot of free themes and some premium ones I have at my possession. There seems to be no problem with Hustle and or other plugins.

However, as soon as I activate ProPhoto Theme I get issues with Hustle. I then went through the code of the theme and noticed that it uses non compliant methods to add JavaScript/jQuery to the theme. In most cases the theme adds javascript as if it was adding it to a plain HTML script.

Using a line like this:
    <script src="https://code.jquery.com/jquery-2.2.0.min.js"></script>
    While well written and compliant themes or plugins use the line:

wp_enqueue_script('jquery');

This line tells WordPress to load the jQuery already packaged within WordPress while the former loads a diferent version from an external source. This will cause jquery conflicts and break other plugins or themes. If the theme author prefers to use a different version of jQuery, they should consider replacing it but ensuring that their version won't break other plugins.

I have also noticed that the theme does at some point load jQuery using the line 'wp_enqueue_script('jquery');' but on another file uses the '<script></script>' tag to load a different version of jquery, and this is a very big source of conflict.

You can ask the theme author to use standard WordPress functions and WordPress coding standards to load scripts to the page. They can refer to the following resources:

https://developer.wordpress.org/reference/functions/wp_enqueue_script/
    http://www.wpbeginner.com/wp-themes/replace-default-wordpress-jquery-script-with-google-library/
    http://www.wpbeginner.com/wp-tutorials/how-to-properly-add-javascripts-and-styles-in-wordpress/

I hope this helps and I am sorry that I can't modify the theme or give much detail on how you can do it yourself.

I hope you enjoy your day further.

Cheers,
    Mahlamusa