HUSTLE - Email registration issue

Hello,

we noticed that users with an email address including a "-" dash // cannot input their email address in any opt-in without triggering a warning-error. Is this something that can be fixed on our side or included in a bug fix soon?

Thank you very much,
Best,
Charlélie

PS: the website with the issue is http://www.alliedforstartups.org

• Rupok

Hi Charlélie,

So sorry to hear the inconvenience you are having. I tried to regenerate this on my test site, but I could not. Then I went to your site and tried to regenerate the issue. Surprisingly, I could not regenerate this on your site either. I've created a video screenshot showing this: http://take.ms/ELjIx

So I'm not sure what is causing this at your end. As hustle is giving error, so the issue should be server-side. But if there is any issue in server-side, I should be able to regenerate that. But I could not, which is really very weird.

Can you please try couple of times and let us know if you can regenerate this every time? If yes, please let us know. We will be glad to investigate further.

Have a nice day. Cheers!
    Rupok

• Oldcontinent

Thank you Rupok,

indeed the issue is not in the prefix of the address (before the @) but after it (something@g-mail.com) for instance. I tested the prefix, and it works as in your screenshot

I'm not sure a lot of companies have a email suffix with a "dash" but it is the case for ours, and this is why we noticed it - info@old-continent.eu

Thank you for trying to reproduce the issue - and if there is any possible fix we are glad to take it :slight_smile:
    Best
    C.

• Nithin

Hey Oldcontinent,

Hope you are doing good today. :slight_smile:

Thank you for explaining the issue further, I tested this in my system, and I could replicate the issue with prefix domains, the email doesn't seem to be recognized during signup. I'm marking this as a bug, and I'm asking the developer to give a look. Will keep you posted once we have a patch regarding this asap. Have a nice day. :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,
    Nithin

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.