Hustle has major conditioning issue.

Is Hustle defaulting to display on EVERYTHING? I made a pop-up. Then ONLY added a page condition for 1 specific page. Yet the post, ALL default seems to be opposite of what the default behavior should be.

https://cdn.livechat-static.com/api/file/v2/lc/att-old/8801096/83872403540a93a48772ed9f775eafb5/hustle-1.png
https://cdn.livechat-static.com/api/file/v2/lc/att-old/8801096/fdf94922b49bd435549043b297d1d8e6/hustle-2.jpg

and you can see conditions default to ALL for others. Please check and help.

• Patrick Freitas

Hi Jason

How are you today?

The Hustle default is ALL, and it will show the PopUp/Slide in on all pages/posts, to disable it from posts, you need to select the option Posts > Only These Posts and leave it blank as you already did on your site.

However, we can forward to our developers to take a look at this flow, do you believe that would be easier to set ALL settings OFF and need to select each setting to show, or suggest a different flow?

Let us know and we can forward the idea to our developers :slight_smile:
    Best Regards,
    Patrick Freitas

• Jason

Hi Patrick,

Thankyou, I did notice this after my live chat.
    I beleive there are a few way its could be improved or made clearer, as the UI/options condradict each other at the moment.

Firstly, if going the show content by default route, anything shown by default, needs to be pre-populated in the right-handConditions in-use section. This was my number 1 reason for thinking it was not active as it frames as the authoritive list of where your pop-up is going to show.

The alternative is showing nothing by default, having the user select there conditions, which is more consistent with other plugins/options of this style. Best not to assume anything as showing something in the wrong spot is more detrimental than not showing it at all IMO.

Thanks,
    Jason

Another small UI part that threw me off, was when I added Posts from the available conditions into conditions in-use, the Only These Posts button was selected, but "All Posts" was actually active and appearing in the top header for the posts section. Had to double select to get desired option (Attached gif explains better). This issue occurs for every condition type, not just post

Small one - having the "select conditions" section not locked to 312px height would be cool. Found it very constrictive when having to disable posts, tags, categories etc.. (which I later realised I didn't need too) when I thought it was showing everywhere.

• Patrick Freitas

Hi Jason

Thank you for your feedback.

Another small UI part that threw me off, was when I added Posts from the available conditions into conditions in-use, the Only These Posts button was selected, but "All Posts" was actually active and appearing in the top header for the posts section. Had to double select to get desired option (Attached gif explains better). This issue occurs for every condition type, not just post

I can see this is already fixed on Hustle 4.0 :slight_smile:

Sorry just was also made aware, that even after disabling posts... my pop-up was still appearing on all category/tag archive pages.

Sorry to hear you are having this issue, I can see it is already reported and the fix is being created.

The alternative is showing nothing by default, having the user select there conditions, which is more consistent with other plugins/options of this style. Best not to assume anything as showing something in the wrong spot is more detrimental than not showing it at all IMO.

I passed this request to our developers, for further discussion, the Hustle 4.0 will bring a new UI/UX, hope this makes the plugin setup easier :slight_smile:

Best Regards,
    Patrick Freitas

• Jason

Hi, Just noticed that this issue is more widespread.
    The "display all by default" workflow choice looks to affect custom posts in the same fashion.

Even after going around the above steps to disable ALL pre-enabled posts, pages, categories and tags and having the plugin confirm its only showing on 1 page, no posts, no tags, no categories. It was brought to my attention weeks later that if I got to a portfolio page on our site... all 10 product popups (all assigned to 1 product page each) all pop-up back to back.

So to fix this... I had to again on each popup's display settings... ENABLE portfolio's just so I could disable it.

The fact I have to enable an option to disable it should make the decision on this workflow a lot easier. I highly recommend that everything is disabled by default and you Enable what you want, as this is more consistent with typical application functionality and having things pop-up where they shouldn't is worst case scenario.

Regards,
    Jason

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.