[Hustle] Hello-Bar style for Hustle coming?

Do you plan for a hello bar style feature for Hustle any time soon? It's the one thing that keeps me from using that plugin, and I guess you would also appreciate such a feature, as you are using hello-bar yourself to promote your new hosting service on wpmudev.org... :slight_smile:
Thanks for an outlook.
Best regards, Wolfgang

• Adam Czajczyk

Hi mynym

I hope you're having a great day!

Currently it should be possible to create a "sort of" a hello-bar using Hustle's "slide-in" with some custom CSS. You could try setting up one this way:

1. create a new slide-in (not a pop-up)
    - make sure that in "Content" settings it doesn't use "titles", "featured image", doesn't "show call to action button" and "GDPR checkbox" and doesn't "add email collection"

- add your content line(s) in the main content editor

2. in "Design" section
    - select "minimal" style
    - you can customize colors if you want to
    - featured image options are non-relevant
    - don't show border and drop-shadow and don't use custom size
    - use custom CSS and drop this (you can adjust height and max-height values - though both have to be the same):

.hustle-modal {max-width:100%;height:50px!important;max-height:unset;}
    .hustle-modal .hustle-modal-body {width:100%!important;height:50px!important;position:fixed;top:0;left:0;}

The use of "!important" is usually not recommended but as this is a workaround I decided to use it to force CSS values that otherwise wouldn't work fine. The end-result might not be perfect at this state but seems to reassemble a typical hello bar close so I think it could be fine-tuned with some additional CSS.

That said, I think a "Hello bar" style for either slide-in or pop-up would be cool. I think it's been suggested in the past already too and if I'm not mistaken it would just require adding yet another "style" to the Hustle. I've already passed that directly to our developers and designers asking them if they could add this to the plugin as it seems pretty useful :slight_smile:

Best regards,
    Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.