hustle not connecting to mailchimp

I keep getting the following error when trying to connect Mailchimp to the Hustle plugin:

Something went wrong. Please try again.

• Vaughan

Hi Famous Monsters

Hope you're well?

Do you happen to have any other plugins installed that have mailchimp integration too? If so, can you temporarily disable them and then try hustle again? if you're not sure, just disable all other plugins except hustle and see if it then works, so we can eliminate another plugin that might be conflicting.

Is there anything in your site error logs? you should be able to find them in your servers CPanel, or look for an error_logfile in your /wp-admin folder.

• Gunderstorm

I have had this same issue of not being able to connect Hustle to my Mailchimp via the API for months and I have yet to see a solution here.

Disabling other Mailchimp plugins (like your very own "MailChimp Sync") does not fix this issue.

I did find an error in my log from April, but I don't know what it would mean:

27-Apr-2017 03:24:50 UTC] Call to {"id":"c3d18bbfe3","email":{"email":""},"merge_vars":{"MERGE1":"Firstname","MERGE2":"Lastname"},"email_type":"html","double_optin":true,"update_existing":true,"replace_interests":true,"send_welcome":false,"apikey":"obviously not copying my api key here"}

[27-Apr-2017 03:24:51 UTC] * About to connect() to port 443 (#0)
    * Trying * connected
    * Connected to ( port 443 (#0)
    * Initializing NSS with certpath: sql:disappointed:etc/pki/nssdb
    * warning: ignoring value of ssl.verifyhost
    * skipping SSL peer certificate verification
    * SSL connection using TLS_ECDHE_RSA_WITH_AES_128_GCM_SHA256
    * Server certificate:
    * subject: CN=*,OU=IT,O="The Rocket Science Group, LLC",L=Atlanta,ST=Georgia,C=US
    * start date: Mar 08 00:00:00 2017 GMT
    * expire date: Jun 07 23:59:59 2018 GMT
    * common name: *
    * issuer: CN=GeoTrust SSL CA - G3,O=GeoTrust Inc.,C=US
    > POST /2.0/lists/subscribe.json HTTP/1.1

User-Agent: MailChimp.0.4.43/RenzoJohnson
    Accept: */*
    Content-Type: application/json
    Content-Length: 267