Hustle not working with iContact API

I have integrated iContact APi but when someone signs up using Hustle form, they don't receive no double optin email gets sent and no confirmation email gets sent to list owner when someone joins list, while using a form provided by iContact works great. So I'm thinking it has to do with Hustle.

• Rob
    • Flash Drive

Hi Patrick,

Thanks for the reply and good to hear it was possible to replicate - I'm not going crazy :wink:

If the developers need any more information let me know and hopefully they can push out an update to get this resolved.

I know they haven't looked at the issue yet but any idea of typically how long it can take to resolve items like this (days/weeks/months) - just so I can give the client a ball park estimate of time.

Many thanks for your help and all the best,
    Rob

• Patrick Freitas
    • Staff

Hi Rob

How are you today?

We had a closer look on this and we made some tests on Hustle and iContact API.

I have some points about it:

- We noticed that when you create a form on iContact site, there is a option to select the confirmation email, when you use that form on the website it is already defined by iContact as default, so when you subscribe by that form it will send the confirmation email.

-I could see also that the Opt-in option is available if you create a contact on list following the steps
    iContact > List > Add subscribes > Add one by one.
    In this situation there is a opt-in option, so when you select it the contact will receives a confirmation email to assign that email to the list.

-The list option the only configuration is "owner list receives email when a new contact is added".
    However, this is not working as well, but once the Hustle only share information using the API and the contact is being added on the list, the email should be sent.
    I can see that the contact is being added on the list, it means that the API transition is working, but it just does what the iContact pre defined, the send owner a email is a iContact side configuration, there is no much to do on our side, we made all possible tests and confirmed this with the developers.

I would suggest contact the iContact support and ask they to check the API behaviour.

Best Regards,
    Patrick Freitas

• Rob
    • Flash Drive

Hi Patrick,

Thanks for the update, please see comments below.

- We noticed that when you create a form on iContact site, there is a option to select the confirmation email, when you use that form on the website it is already defined by iContact as default, so when you subscribe by that form it will send the confirmation email.
    - correct. When users subscribe using the form as provided by iContact the confirmation email sends. When users get subscribed to the same list using the Hustle integration the confirmation email doesn't get sent.

-I could see also that the Opt-in option is available if you create a contact on list following the steps
    iContact > List > Add subscribes > Add one by one.
    In this situation there is a opt-in option, so when you select it the contact will receives a confirmation email to assign that email to the list.
    - the optin email can be defined on a list by list basis and an optin email is configured/setup for the list in question here. When users join the list using the iContact form embed then the optin email gets sent. When users join the same list using the Hustle integration the optin email does not get sent.

-The list option the only configuration is "owner list receives email when a new contact is added".
    However, this is not working as well, but once the Hustle only share information using the API and the contact is being added on the list, the email should be sent.
    - it should be sent for sure :slight_smile:

I can see that the contact is being added on the list, it means that the API transition is working, but it just does what the iContact pre defined, the send owner a email is a iContact side configuration,
    there is no much to do on our side, we made all possible tests and confirmed this with the developers.
    - from speaking with iContact they said to contact you as that it wasn't to do with them.

I would suggest contact the iContact support and ask they to check the API behaviour.
    - any particular behaviour that you'd recommend checking?

• Patrick Freitas
    • Staff

Hi Rob

- any particular behaviour that you'd recommend checking?
    As I said, we made the tests and checked the plugin code, all is set to work from our side, and once it is adding the contact on the email list, this is working well. They can try to replicate the issue and find for any API report on their side, maybe a trigger is not shooting when the API is used.

Best Regards
    Patrick Freitas

• Rob
    • Flash Drive

Hi Patrick,

Just replying now as have heard back from the iContact API support team and they are wondering:

"Do you know if the developers have coded it to pass contacts with "pending" status instead of "normal" status? Do you know if the developers have coded it to include the messageID of the confirmation message that you want to use?"

I have also passed on the link to this support thread so that they can chime in should that help expedite the resolution here.

All the best,
    Rob

• Rob
    • Flash Drive

Hi Patrick,

Thanks for the update and good to hear that the integration will be improved in a future release.

Is there any indication of when the next release may be ready or is it being worked on at present? Might it be a week/month/half year/year to next release?

All the best,
    Rob

• Rob
    • Flash Drive

Hi Patrick,

Thanks for the link to the Roadmap and see that the next scheduled release for Hustle is the end of August although also see that fix was released on July 11th for PHP issues. As such, is there are chance that an update may be released before the end of August to address the iContact integration issue?

All the best,
    Rob

• Rob
    • Flash Drive

Hi Patrick,

Thanks for the update. Had hoped and thought the fix would be completed in August but good to see it's in the Roadmap for October. In any event will have to find a different plugin for use and might look at Hustle again in the future.

All the best,
    Rob

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.