Hustle plugin not working for me

Hello,

I’m running a multisite on WordPress 4.5.3 with Membership 2 pro activated (and a lot of other plugins as well as wpLayers) and installed and network activated Hustle.

I can see it in the menu but when I try to access his pages (new and lists) I get a blank page.

Looking at it with debug on, I get this kind of messages:

Notice: add_option was called with an argument that is deprecated since version 2.3 with no alternative available. in […]/wp-includes/functions.php on line 3844

Notice: wp_enqueue_script was called incorrectly. Scripts and styles should not be registered or enqueued until the wp_enqueue_scripts, admin_enqueue_scripts, or login_enqueue_scripts hooks. Please see Debugging in WordPress for more information. (This message was added in version 3.3.) in […]/wp-includes/functions.php on line 3897

Do you have any idea on why?

All other plugins are working.

Thank you

Federico

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hello Federico,

I hope you’re well today and thank you for your question!

The Hustle plugin is a fresh release written from scratch and in terms of code it follows standards. Most likely this is caused by a conflict either with a theme or with other plugin(s). Please run a full theme/plugin conflict test to check this.

To do this, please follow the steps described on a flowchart in this article (you may need to scroll the page down a little):

https://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/using-wpmu-dev/getting-support/

This should let you pinpoint the main culprit and I’ll take it from there in order to make it work.

Let me know about the test result, please.

Best regards,

Adam

• Milan
    • WordPress Wizard

Hello Federico,

Hope you are well today and won’t mind me chiming here.

Can you deactivate Membership 2 Pro and test ? If that’s not possible for you, please create staging site of your live site where you can test this.

If you are not sure how you can do that, please do let me know, I’ll explain you process of creating staging site ( new site which should be copy of you live site ).

Best Regards,

Milan

• Federico
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

Hello Milan,

I tried to deactivate all the plugins, but nothing changed.

I also checked the file permissions on server, just to be sure it was all ok.

Do you have any advice on how to procede?

It is really a strange behaviour.

Regards

Federico

• Dimitris
    • Support Star

Hey there Federico,

hope you’re having a beautiful day! :slight_smile:

I tried to deactivate all the plugins, but nothing changed.

I also checked the file permissions on server, just to be sure it was all ok.

Do you have any advice on how to procede?

It is really a strange behaviour.

This is very strange indeed!

Do you have any kind of caching in your website or/and server side? Could you disable them and test again with all of other plugins deactivated?

You can also grant us with support access to the affected site in order to have a better look? You can find detailed information here https://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/wpmu-dev-dashboard-enabling-staff-login/.

I’d also like to know if this is a live site in production, and if so, if you can create a staging environment as my colleague Milan mentioned to you in his previous reply. :slight_smile:

Warm regards,

Dimitris

• Milan
    • WordPress Wizard

Hello Federico ,

Hope you are doing fine. :slight_smile:

Its really strange that its working on your staging site which is exact copy of you live site but not on your live site.

I took a look at your live site and tried to access Hustle page, got this error in my browser console saying 500 Internal Server Error, unfortunately that error is very less documented one so its very difficult to predict exact cause of it.

Could you please contact your hosting provider and ask them about this error ? Ask them for server logs.

Let me know what they says on this. :slight_smile:

Best Regards,

Milan

• Milan
    • WordPress Wizard

Hello Federico

Sorry to hear that its not working again !! :slight_frown: I’ve reopened this thread.

In my last response, I suggested you to contact your hosting provider. Have you done that ? If not, would you please do it now ? It would help us a lot if they have something to say in their logs for 500 error.

If they have nothing to say on this, we will investigate this issue further. :slight_smile:

Best Regards,

Milan

• Federico

Hello milan,

in the logs there are nothing related to this problem.

Looking at the HTML rendered for the Hustle pages, I see they are broken in the head.

I think it is somehow a script or include problem.

<!DOCTYPE html>
    <!--[if IE 8]>
    <html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml" class="ie8 wp-toolbar" lang="it-IT">
    <![endif]-->
    <!--[if !(IE 8) ]><!-->
    <html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml" class="wp-toolbar" lang="it-IT">
    <!--<![endif]-->
    <head>
    <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8" />
    <title>Opt-Ins &lsaquo; Il Commerciale - The Salesman — WordPress</title>
    <script type="text/javascript">
    addLoadEvent = function(func){if(typeof jQuery!="undefined")jQuery(document).ready(func);else if(typeof wpOnload!='function'){wpOnload=func;}else{var oldonload=wpOnload;wpOnload=function(){oldonload();func();}}};
    var ajaxurl = '/wp-admin/admin-ajax.php',
    pagenow = 'toplevel_page_inc_optins',
    typenow = '',
    adminpage = 'toplevel_page_inc_optins',
    thousandsSeparator = '.',
    decimalPoint = ',',
    isRtl = 0;
    </script>
    <meta name="viewport" content="width=device-width,initial-scale=1.0">

Could it be related to some configuration on my server? Or some typo in the code?

I don’t know how the plugin works but I see you are using script templating to build views.

Let me know if this info is helpful.

Thank you

Federico

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hello Federico!

Thank you for granting access and for sharing a debug.log with us. I reviewed the log and also checked the site again but still I wasn’t able to find the reason for the issue and also, like my colleagues, I wasn’t able to replicate it on my MultiSite.

I think it’s time to call our our Second Line Support for help on this. I filled a report and am awaiting their response. Please note though that their replay may come in a bit longer time than our response here on support forum as they deal with a lot of complex issues on daily basis.

Please keep an eye on this thread and we’ll keep you updated as soon as we get information from them.

Best regards,

Adam

• Federico

As a note,

I see it works for the subsite, but it is not working for the main site.

This was the original blog before activating multisite.

I try to deactivate all the plugins that are added to the main site, to simulate the same config as the subsite, but without any result.

• Federico

Hello,

I never get a follow up on this. The problem is still there.

So I did some more investigation:

– I converted this site from single site to multisite, the main site is the one with the problem.

– I have some tables from previous installed plugins and functionality dropped, for now.

– They are: buddypress, gavity forms, and some I don’t remember now.

Please, help me find an answer to this problem.

Regards,

Federico

• Dimitris
    • Support Star

Hello there Federico,

hope you’re doing good and apologize for the late reply here.

Unfortunately our Second Level Support team hasn’t provided any workaround/solution on your issue until now. I already pinged them again on this in order to have another look and provide us with some insights. I really appreciate your patience on this, as the fact that the error isn’t reproducible makes it harder to narrow down.

I converted this site from single site to multisite, the main site is the one with the problem.

Thanks for trying the other way round. I passed out this piece of information to SLS team.

I have some tables from previous installed plugins and functionality dropped, for now.

They are: buddypress, gavity forms, and some I don’t remember now.

Could you please elaborate a bit more on this? What do you mean by “functionality dropped”?

You can always use a plugin like WP-Optimize https://wordpress.org/plugins/wp-optimize/ to clear your database from unused tables, if this is the case here. Always keep in mind to backup everything before messing with your DB though. :slight_smile:

Warm regards,

Dimitris

• Lindeni Mahlalela
    • Recruit

Hello Federico,

I hope you are doing well today. I am very sorry for the late reply regarding this issue. I have noticed that it has been a long time since the last post on this thread and we are sorry for that delay.

I would like to know if you still need help with this issue or you got it resolved in another way. If you still need help, please do let us know and we will be happy to help you further regarding this issue.

I will be waiting for your reply.

Please enjoy your day further.

Cheers,

Mahlamusa

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.