[Hustle Pro] 500 error from Hustle Pro Memory Consumption

Hello-

While updating plugins this morning, I had a site crash. This issue occured when I updated WooCommerce. I immediately received a 500 error. The support from my hosting provider helped me trace the issue to Hustle Pro and they provided me with the following error:

PHP Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 268435456 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 37498880 bytes) in /opt/sites/1187372/wordpress/drop-ins/object-cache.php on line 351

We disable the hustle plugin and the site came right back up. We re-enabled once to test again and it crashed.

I need some help figuring out how to resolve this or at least how to roll back to the previous version. We've made some customizations to the popups and forms, some with the help of WPMUDev support and some on our own. I want to be sure that while fixing this we don't lose that work.

Support access for the site is open.

Thanks in advance.

Best Regards,

Ed Perry

• Nebu John
    • Staff

Hello Ed Perry,

I hope you’re well today and thank you for reaching out to us!

This error is caused because the allowed memory size is exhausted. I would request you to add the following links in your wp-config.php just before /*That’s all. Stop Editing. Happy Blogging.*/

define( 'MEMORY_LIMIT', '512M' );
    define( 'WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '512M' );

This will set the memory to 512 MB instead of the current 256 MB. If the issue persists, you can increase the value to 768M.

Feel free to get back to us here if you have any doubts or need any help further.

Kind Regards,

Nebu John

• Nebu John
    • Staff

Hi,

Hope you are doing good today.

I shared this query with our developer and according to his opinion, this can be because of the custom codes that are used. He stated that if it works under 512MB it’s not bad as it is the ideal memory limit.

However, we would like to know what customizations have been done and if possible is interested in looking into those modules. Also, are you using any integration with hustle? If you could provide us with these details, we will try recreating this issue and further troubleshoot.

Kind Regards,

Nebu John

• Ed Perry
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

hello-

We added some custom CSS to the popup to create a photo background, and we have the secondary header on the site linked to the popup so that it appears on click of the banner. We did not change anything that should have caused these issues.

The forms are integrated with Mailchimp.

Please advise.

Best,

EP

• Nebu John
    • Staff

Hi Ed Perry,

Hope you are doing good today.

I understand your concern. To further troubleshoot this issue, is it possible to create a staging environment and provide access to us?

By staging environment, I mean an exact and complete copy of live installation into another location/folder in the same server, using a separate database. This will be a safe place to further troubleshoot, as long as FTP access can be provided.

Let us know if this is possible and we will provide you a safe way to share access details with us.

Kind Regards,

Nebu John

• Nebu John
    • Staff

Hi Ed Perry,

Sorry about the late response.

Please share the staging site credentials using our secure contact form here: https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/#i-have-a-different-question and the template below

Please use the template below:

Subject: “Attn: Nebu John”

– Site login URL

– WordPress admin username

– WordPress admin password

– FTP credentials (host/username/password)

– cPanel credentials (host/username/password)

– Folder path to the site in question

– Link back to this thread for reference

– Any other relevant URLs/info

Kind Regards,

Nebu John

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.