[Hustle Pro] bug free hustle

I'm seeing 80+ 1 star reviews for hustle on wordpress.org the latest one showing up yesterday. What are you doing to improve your reputation and why should I even try the hustle plugin over bloom, boxzilla, or others? I've been a client for over 5 years and eventually you guys seem to get it right with your plugins, but guys… I look at your roadmap and figure we are not going to see good new plugins from you any time soon. Can you respond (to me or publicly) as to the status of the company and it's plan to produce better products and services?

• James Farmer
    • CEO (of WPMU DEV, honest)

Mozaic as you mentioned we have the roadmap and we also have roadmap updates if you’re not subscribed to the email: https://premium.wpmudev.org/blog/2019-q3-roadmap-roundup/ – that’s a pretty public plan I reckon.

The vast majority of 1 star reviews for Hustle are very, very old and besides… they are not for Hustle Pro (which is what we have here).

As to why you should try it…. I really have no answer. That’s up to you, balance out the benefits and costs and maybe spend 5 minutes with it.

If you don’t find value in what we provide then you don’t have to be a member, it’s a free(ish) internet!

• Mukul Chawla
    • Product Designer

Adding to what James said, we’ve checked the issues members had recently (in the last 12 months to be precise) on wp.org and turned out, a lot of those reviews were the result of users impatiently leaving a review without any explanation or without first trying to reach out to support by creating a support ticket so we couldn’t figure out the issues . And, a couple of those negative reviews are because of the slow support which isn’t always true. However, our first priority is to support WPMU DEV members so sometimes wp.org users may have to wait a little extra to get support but we definitely try to provide solutions to wp.org members as well. Since you are a WPMU DEV member, you’ll anyway get our premium quality support which everybody loves.

Now coming back to Hustle, we have done a lot of bug fixing and improvements in a recent couple of releases and a lot of new features are going out in next couple of releases such as multiple visibility condition groups, WooCommerce specific visibility conditions, Some general WP related conditions such as targeting newly registered users on your site, scheduling your pop-ups so you can target your visitors on special occasions which when combined with country-specific rules could do wonders – you can run special offers for your target country’s visitors on that target country’s festivals by pre-scheduling them for those dates, access control on Hustle modules and a dashboard wizard to check the conversion of your Hustle modules. All of the above-mentioned features are already in development and should be out in the next couple of months in multiple releases going out every 2-3 weeks. That’s not it, we’re also adding new layouts, themes, templates and A/B testing next to the plugin. I hope this much information on the upcoming features in Hustle should be enough. I’m happy to help if you have questions regarding any specific feature too. And hey, since you mentioned about Bloom and other similar plugins, I’m sure none of them have features close to what Hustle already has or is going to have in the next couple of releases. However, it’s you who need to compare the products and see which works best for you.

Now coming back to those negative reviews, as James already mentioned, a huge number of those are pretty old and some are even 4-5 years old and it’s inevitable to avoid few negative reviews when there are a lot of members using a product. We also have 503 5 star reviews as well and the plugin still maintains an average of 4.5 star rating despite being there for so many years and 80k+ users still actively using it (I haven’t included the WPMU DEV members using it into that). You can also see a lot of positives being written about it in the reviews itself. To be honest, any product which maintains an average of 4.5 star ratings with so many users is always worth a try so I wonder what’s stopping you from giving it a try. If you have any specific concerns about Hustle, do let us know. We’ll happily look into that.

Regards.

Mukul Chawla

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.