I added almost all plugins to my multisite network, and all

I added almost all plugins to my multisite network, and all 125 of them are inactive in network admin, but I only see 71 of them in the main site, shouldn't I see all of them? Besides I don't see anything more on the network admin menus then what I see on the main site. Also, I want to make sure that members of my network should not be able to see admin related plugins but everyone sees whatever I see on the network admin panel once I activate them as there is only "network activate" as an option on any site's plugin page.

• PC

Hello Kyle,

Thanks for your post.

I added almost all plugins to my multisite network, and all 125 of them are inactive in network admin, but I only see 71 of them in the main site, shouldn't I see all of them?

First of all its not a good thing to install all plugins at once. You will just open a window for a lot of confusion. I would just install them one by one, configure it and then install the next plugin.

Any plugins which you network activate will not be available in the main site. Any plugins which are network only plugins will not be visible in the main site.

Besides I don't see anything more on the network admin menus then what I see on the main site. Also, I want to make sure that members of my network should not be able to see admin related plugins but everyone sees whatever I see on the network admin panel once I activate them as there is only "network activate" as an option on any site's plugin page.

I am not sure that you are visiting the site admin and network admin separately. Network admin looks just like the site admin but there is a huge difference. You can check it in Themes >> You will see editor but on the main site you will not see that.

You will see the sites menu etc.

Network admin is only visible to the super admin and not to any other user on the network unless you grant super admin rights to someone.

Plugins can only be network activated if you do that from the Network admin menu and if you do that from the site admin menu, you can activate them per site basis.

I hope that helps. Please feel free to ask if you have more questions on the same.

Cheers
    PC
    Sales &Support

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.