I also have the disappearing parallax image problem

My parallax image region was working fine for a couple of days and now still works fine in the back end but is just a white space in the front end. I see that a lot of other people reported this problem and that in September it was acknowledged as a bug and was being worked on. Was a solution ever found? I do need this feature.

You can see it, and not see it, on the home page above the Consultations area.

regards, Tony

• Bojan Radonic
    • Head of Support

Hey @Tony,

How are you doing today?

I was trying to search for this in our system but couldn't find any bug reports it, I did found few threads for this issue but the issues were related to something else.

I did make a few tests and I can confirm it only on Spirit theme. I've already notified our developer so he can take a look.

Thank you for reporting this.

Cheers,
    Bojan

• Tony
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Hi Bojan,

Here's a couple of threads on this:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/parallax-image-wont-show-on-front-end
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/parallax-feature-doesnt-work-for-region-backgrounds

And here is where support said it reported it to the developer:

Hello guys,

I could confirm the issue in my test site. So, I am marking this as a bug and letting the developer know about this. We appreciate your patience on this.

Cheers
    Ash

Fri Sep 18 2015, 5:23:03 PM

regards, Tony

• Tony

May I ask a couple of other quick questions?

1) How do I make the background black for the whole site (not just regions)?
    2) In the Theme Colors section there are 9 boxes - what does each one change the color for?

I haven't been able to find answers in the documentation.

Thank you.

regards, Tony

• Bojan Radonic
    • Head of Support

Hey again @Tony,

1) How do I make the background black for the whole site (not just regions)?

You can use "Edit Global Background" which should set the background for regions that do not use 100% wide background to apply background color everywhere.

For the regions and their background color could use CSS for this but this will override all region backgrounds including images so I wouldn't advise doing this (you'd probably want to edit region backgrounds instead). In case you want to do it anyway you can add the following to "add custom CSS rules" which can be found in the right panel in your upfront editor:

div[id*="upfront-region-"] {
        background-color: #000;
    }

2) In the Theme Colors section there are 9 boxes - what does each one change the color for?

These are global theme colors, changing those colors should change these colors that have been used on your site. These are also going to be displayed as "Theme Colors" when you open any color picker so they could come handy so you don't have to insert hex/rgb values.

Funnily enough, I built another site today on an add-on domain on the same server - http://zoran.tonytestsite.com - and on this one the parallax works fine so far...

I'm really glad that this is working for you, but I find it odd as I couldn't get this to work on my sandbox site, are you using Spirit there as well?

Hope this helps :slight_smile:

Best regards,
    Bojan

• Tony

Thanks so much Bojan. The difficulty I'm having is that since the 9 boxes are unlabeled I don't know which ones relate to which areas of the site. By trial and error I've figured a couple of them out but as an example I need to change the email Send text color at the bottom of the home page to white and can't find anywhere that does so in the 9 boxes.

regards,

Tony

• Tony

OK, I figured out 8 out of the 9 boxes and was able to change the Send button text color. Now I'm trying to find the place to change the "Email address" color from light grey to black so that it's more visible.

• Bojan Radonic
    • Head of Support

Hey again @Tony,

For these kind of changes where you do not have option to choose selectors the best practice is to just use dev tools and inspect element on the front end without editor loaded.

I've added the following code to in custom CSS rules to change both placeholder text and input text color to black, this is what I've added:

/* changing email text color and email placeholder text color */

#upfront-code_element-object-1408627328690-1432 .newsletter-form input[type="email"] {
        color: #000 !important;
    }

#upfront-code_element-object-1408627328690-1432 .newsletter-form input[type="email"]::-webkit-input-placeholder {
        color: #000;
    }

#upfront-code_element-object-1408627328690-1432 .newsletter-form input[type="email"]::-moz-placeholder {
    }

#upfront-code_element-object-1408627328690-1432 .newsletter-form input[type="email"]:-ms-input-placeholder {
    }

Cheers,
    Bojan

• Tony

Hi Bojan,

Thanks so much! Guess I'm going to have to bite the bullet and confront learning CSS!

I looked in the custom CSS rules section and not seeing this code I added it at the bottom. When it didn't change the "Email address" text in the box to black, I tried adding it directly to the CSS of the element but still no go.

Is this code to make the user's input black? That part is working fine with or without the code. What I'm trying to do is make the text that is already in the box - Email address - black as currently it is a very light grey that isn't very visible on some monitors.

Hope this clarifies.

Regards, Tony

• Bojan Radonic
    • Head of Support

Hey @Tony,

I see what you mean, the color is black but it seems light because of the font weight this field has, increasing that should do the trick.

Unfortunately admin access expired would you mind granting me access again so I can add it?

Regarding adding CSS to specific element you need to make sure the code is not being overridden elsewhere due to specificity or use of important declaration. Also always try to check the front (without editor) for changes.

Glad to hear you're going to learn some CSS, it will be very useful for you!

Cheers,
    Bojan

• Bojan Radonic
    • Head of Support

Hey again @Tony,

I believe you provided access to the wrong site as it doesn't look the same as I the one I was working on before.

What you need to add is font-weight: 500 !important; to the first selector I provided above so the total of it looks like this:

#upfront-code_element-object-1408627328690-1432 .newsletter-form input[type="email"] {
        color: #000 !important;
        font-weight: 500 !important;
    }

This should make it darker.

Please let me know if this helps :slight_smile:

Cheers,
    Bojan

• Bojan Radonic
    • Head of Support

Hey again @Tony,

I don't see the code being added for tonytestsite.com/cuisine/, I tested this in Firefox using inspector and the code works but the difference is barely visible, see screenshot.

As you can see on the screenshot the text in the right window is slightly darker so you might want to try using 600 instead of 500 there for font weight value.

Cheers,
    Bojan

• Tony

Thanks Bojan,

Yes, you're right, I haven't tried it at /cuisine yet - I've been doing all my recent tests at tonyrockliff.com, which is where I sent the support ticket from. I'll try the added weight.

Thanks again,

Tony

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.