Inline Style in a WordPress Theme using Theme Options - Ya or Na?

Hey,

I am about to add the Options Framework by Devin Price to my premium theme. I know that a whole lot of premium themes uses inline style to add styling from they theme option panel.

However, I have heard much talk about that inline CSS style is a bad practices. So, is it really a bad practices that has become popular or what is the deal here?

I would like to hear some thought on this.

Additionally, as we are speaking of using the Options Framework, does anyone know how I can change the overall styling (like font size, color etc) from the theme option panel? I assume that I can't write to the style.css file, so what other options are avaliable?

Sincerely,
Mika

• Predrag Dubajic

Hey @Mika,

Hope you're doing well today :slight_smile:

It's always better not to use inline style and it should be avoided whenever possible.
    When using inline style you can have issues with using child theme.

Additionally, as we are speaking of using the Options Framework, does anyone know how I can change the overall styling (like font size, color etc) from the theme option panel? I assume that I can't write to the style.css file, so what other options are avaliable?

There are Typography options in advanced tab, so why not use that, or am I missing something?

Best regards,
    Predrag

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.