I am about to update my subscribe by email plugin but

I am about to update my subscribe by email plugin but i have found two issues in last updates:

1) it deletes or the translation that i have made to the plugin is lost. I translate it using codestyle localization. So everytime i have to translate it. This is very bad.

2) I had 5000 subscribers and last time i update it deleted all of them.

• Jack Kitterhing
    • Code Norris

Hi there @oscar

I hope you are well today and thanks for your question.

1: This is how WordPress updates out of the box, as it overwrites the existing files, to get round this, the best way would be to translate the .po file using poedit, this can then be replaced each time in the language file, rather than needing to translate the whole plugin again :slight_smile:

2: Sorry to hear about that, this shouldn't happen of course, we've tested this update a lot and it hasn't been reported that this happens with the update, what version did you update from before? Did you get your users back?

Thank you!

Kind Regards
    Jack.

• Jack Kitterhing
    • Code Norris

Hi there @oscar

Hope your well today.

You can edit the file online here https://premium.wpmudev.org/translate/projects/subscribe-by-email which is the easiest way, choose your locale from the drop down box, click > create and then you can translate the plugin, once done export the .po and .mo folder and place within the languages folder of the plugin.

It certainly shouldn't delete them and I'd say your safe to upgrade, but I'd recommend keeping a csv copy in case, and if it does happen (which it shouldn't), please let us know and we'll get right on it :slight_smile:

Thank you!

Kind Regards
    Jack.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.