I am at the point

I am at the point where I can no longer continue updating a website for a client that won't be gettting back with me till early next year when they will launch their website.

How is the best way to put this site on hiatus until they are ready to launch?

I rather not keep the website content on WordPress at all as this is causing me too much work to update the website etc. during which time I am not being payed for.

The website is not yet live, and maintenance mode is on but of course this does not prevent me from updating the website. Just mentioning in case you need the additional infomration

If you can best advise me on how to go about this, it will be appreciated.

Thanks

• Rupok

Hi Dave,

I'll second to what David just said above. You said "I rather not keep the website content on WordPress at all as this is causing me too much work to update the website etc." so the best way will be creating a full backup of the site and store it locally. Then when time comes, you just restore the backup and then continue. After one year, when you restore the backup, you will get notification for updating all themes, plugins and WordPress itself but you won't have to do all these in the mean time. David said it all.

Or if you want to keep the site on it's place, but just want to disable all updates, then you can use this plugin: https://wordpress.org/plugins/disable-wordpress-updates/
    This plugin will completely disable the theme, plugin and core update checking system in WordPress. The plugin will also prevent WordPress from checking for updates including cronjobs, and prevents any notifications from being displayed.

Is this what you are looking for? If we could not understand your query properly, or if we missed any point, or if you have any other plan, please let us know. We will be glad to help.

Have a nice day. Cheers!
    Rupok

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.