I am building a mulstisite and I have noticed the following

Hello,
I am building a mulstisite and I have noticed the following :
I have a plugin conflict on the main site.
I installed the issue plgin on a different subsite and now each site are working ok.
Is this a common thing to do ?
do plugins installed on different subsites are isolated ? Will they not conflict anymore ?
And is this a good idea form security and perfomances standpoints ?

Best regards,
Hervé

• Patrick

Hi there @Hervé

I hope you're well today!

It's not so much a question of whether or not it is a common thing to do, but that you must decide whether you need the plugin functionality on a particular site or not. If so, activate it, and if it causes a conflict, you need to either troubleshoot that issue to locate the conflict, or find an alternative plugin.

When you install a plugin on WordPress network, it is installed & available for activation on every site. So a plugin is not necessarily isolated.

However, if you activate a plugin on one site in the network, it will not conflict with plugins that are active on other sites.

So the issue you are facing is that there is a plugin active on the main site that is definitely creating a conflict with your "issue plugin".

Please let us know if this helps, and don't hesitate to post again if you need to.

• Sajid

Hi @Hervé! Hope you are doing good today :slight_smile:

Yes it definitely affect performance of your website(s). Because plugin will be loading their files and may connecting to other servers (like google for fonts).

Its better to not activate each plugin on each site. Only activate the plugin on a site where you required its functionality. This is helpful to avoid conflicts, as you mentioned earlier and also your websites loads faster.

Cheers, Sajid

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.