I am building a multi-site using Market Press

I am building a multi-site using Market Press and FrameMarket theme - using GridMarket as the child theme.

I'm having 2 problems with side bars:

1) Any sidebars I set up in the Widgets area are not showing up on my pages.

2) What IS showing up is a different side bar with items I don't want to display.

Where is the side bar controlled from and can I control it using the widgets?

I'm not new to WordPress, but I am new to deeply customizing a theme.

Thanks!

• Ash
    • WordPress Hacker

Hello there

Welcome to WPMU community!

I hope you are well today and thanks for asking the question.

This sidebar is build in with theme. And that's why this theme is only for marketpress. There are a product cart, tag cloud and product categories in the sidebar.

If you want to hide something you can use css to hide that part.

Cheers
    Ash

• Ash
    • WordPress Hacker

I want to add one more point here, if you add a widget in siderbar "sidebar", then the default sidebar will be removed and your widget will be shown.

Please let me know if it is helpful and feel free to ask more question if you have.

Cheers
    Ash

• Ennis
    • Flash Drive

Thank you very much Ashok for the quick response.

I have some follow up questions for you:

- I am not that well versed in hard coding, but I'm learning. I'm not exactly sure WHERE to put code to hide something. And if you have any examples of what that code is, that would be really helpful.

- I don't want a side bar area at all. I want full width pages.

- Lastly, what is the protocol for giving points? I'll look it up when I have time, but I don't want to not give you enough points for helping me out!

Thank you very much for all your help. I'm learning and I really appreciate having the guidance.

• Ash
    • WordPress Hacker

Hi there

Sorry for confusion. I have requested to add the following code in your css file, e.g. style.css:

#content{
    width: 100% !important;
    }

So delete the code from sidebar.php (you have done it, so no code should be there). And add the above code in style.css file.

Cheers
    Ash

• Ennis
    • Flash Drive

IT WORKED! You rock. Thank you very much for taking the time to walk me through this. After many years of working on website visual design and recent forays into WordPress, coding has been my final frontier (and I've been avoiding it a bit...).

I'm thankful for patient experts like you who are willing to help walk people like me through some of the things that are probably pretty rudimentary for people in the know. You are helping me learn and I really appreciate that.

ISSUE RESOLVED!

Take care
    Ennis

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.