I am creating a product I wish to sell to my customers...

Hi,

I'm currently creating a product that - for now - I'm calling a "Dev Kit". In this product I am including a theme with selected plugins that are intended to provide my customers with a set of tools for creating specific websites - for example a membership site and so forth.

The themes and plugins I currently have lined up are not WPMU Dev products, but your products are great and I have been wondering whether I would be allowed to include WPMU Dev plugins in such a product as well.

Since everything is within the realm of WordPress, like WPMU Dev, I also will be selling updates and support rather than the plugins themselves.

I know that WPMU Dev plugins and themes come with a GPLv2 license, which in essence allows me to use them in any way I want. However, I'd hate to overstep the line here and wanted to first make sure if this would be in violation of your terms.

Regards,
Mari

• aristath

Hello again @Mari, I hope you're well today!

I guess it depends on how you define a "product" and what your exact use-case is!

If this is a multisite network and by "product" you mean a pro-sites plan that will allow your users to create a site on your network and use our plugins then that's fine.

If by "product" you mean that you will setup and manage your client sites then that's fine too.

If however by "product" you mean a downloadable package that will contain all the plugins and themes so that users are able to download them and host them on their own, then that changes things. Though technically it's not illegal, it violates the spirit of the GPL licence.

Furthermore, only you have access to updates and support. We cannot provide support to your clients, only directly to you.
    From our Terms of Service:

You may not resell, share, or publish your API key.

You may not resell, share, or publish subscription credentials or access, directly or indirectly.

I hope that helps!

Cheers,
    Ari.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.