I am currently

I am currently on the trial and have a few questions so far
1. Is it possible to use custom post type taxonomies in the SEO titles?
2. Do the SEO titles or description fields take Shortcodes?
3. Honest, how does Defender compare to Wordfence?

I do 90% of my security in .htaccess, but I use Wordfence as another layer and monitoring. If I were to switch over, would I be gaining or losing anything with Defender vs Wordfence?

• Nastia

Hello Bash

Welcome to WPMU DEV Community!

1. Is it possible to use custom post type taxonomies in the SEO titles?

If you're referring to the SmartDraw plugin here, from SmartCrawl > Titles & Meta > Post Type, custom post types will be detected right away and shown in the list, it is possible to add only available dynamic macros that are available in the list

Currently is no possible out of the box to add custom macro values as a dynamic data from custom post type taxonomies. This will require a lot of custom coding, so please feel free to post a new job in the Jobs & Pros section https://premium.wpmudev.org/wordpress-development/ so a skillful developer can do this for you.

2. Do the SEO titles or description fields take Shortcodes?

The SmartCrawl plugin first assign meta title that is set in SmartCrawl > Titles & Meta > Posts/Pages settings, and if a page will have manually added information, these will be shown instead. If no information will be added to the description page, Google will index the content that added shortcode generates.

3. Honest, how does Defender compare to Wordfence?

I am afraid we haven't done any official comparison to the WordFence plugin. While WordFence is a good plugin, Defender includes features that are not included in the WordFence like blacklist monitoring, Audit Logging (allows to see which user is responsible for executed actions on your site), and scheduled reports. The plugin provides all protection a modern site requires to stay secure.

Defender analyzing your site by checking for plugin and theme vulnerability, hardens the site security and offers:
    - 2-Factor Authentication
    - Scans core files for changes
    - Schedule regular scans
    - Repair and restore changed files
    - Google blacklist monitoring
    - IP Lockouts
    - Automated backups, as long as the Snapshot plugin is active.

Hope this helps! Let us know if you have any further questions!

Kind regards,
    Nastia

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.