I am currently creating a site that will allow users

Hello,

I am currently creating a site that will allow users to create their own blogs using multi site. However that is not the only thing the site will offer and I do not want to offer the multisite creation at sign up.

Is it possible to create a page in wordpress where logged in users can visit and from there create a blog? Perhaps there are shortcodes I can use?

• Tyler Postle
    • CGO

Hey Darragh,

Hope you're well today!

First I just want to make sure I am understanding your vision here.

Since you don't want all users to create blogs (your site offers more than that) you want users to be able to register without having to create a site right?

You would be able to achieve this with some form plugins like Ninja Forms: https://wordpress.org/plugins/ninja-forms/ that's a free one then there is also premium ones like Gravity Forms and Formidable Pro :slight_smile:

With Multisite, the default sign up will give the option for a website but you can always create custom forms and place them around your site/pages for just user registration if needed!

Hope that helps. Let us know if you still need any further assistance here :slight_smile:

All the best,
    Tyler

• Darragh
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Thanks for the reply Tyler,

I have a membership site where people sign up and they have access to certain features on my site. One of the features I would like is for them to be able to start their own blog but I don't want it to be mandatory at sign up but rather visit a page once signed up and create their blog. Only a sub section of my users will want a blog.

Hope that makes sense. Would that be possible with one of those form plugins? I am willing to buy a premium product if need be.

• Tyler Postle
    • CGO

Hey Darragh,

Thanks for your quick reply.

Once a user is signed up you send them to the default sign up page /wp-signup.php and it will give them just the option to create a site. So, what you will want to do is use a form like Ninja Forms above or one of the paid form plugins above that offer registration (almost any sign up form plugin) and make a form for signup then put that on your registration page, say yoursite.com/register. Once registered they can do whatever you want them to do then once it's time to create a blog you can send them to wp-signup.php - hope that helps!

Let me know if you have any further questions here :slight_smile:

Happy to help!

Cheers,
    Tyler

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.