I am developing a knowledgebase site for our company

Hello
I am developing a knowledgebase site for our company and am using your Wiki plugin (Pro). Installation is on a Windows PC with IIS.
I don't see to have an articles widget nor yet can work out how to add articles to the wiki.
Am I missing something?
Thanks

• Jack Kitterhing
    • Code Norris

Hi there @Melany,

Hope you're well today and thanks for your question.

Once you've activated the plugin, you should be able to add new wikis via the wp-admin > Wiki > add new.

And in appearance > widgets, there should be a popular wikis widget and a recent wikis widget. Do those show at all? :slight_smile:

I'm here to help.

Thanks!

Kind Regards
    Jack,

• Melany
    • New Recruit

Hi Jack

Doing fine, thank you for asking and thank you for responding.

I just don't have that option anywhere. The widget does not appear to be available to me. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the plugin just in case it was an installation issue but still no widget.

It does not appear as an option in the Dashboard menu under wikis, I only have the choice of Wikis, Add Wiki, Wiki Categories, Wiki Tags and Wiki Settings.

I have the following widgets from the wiki package which are available to display on my posts :
    Wiki - display Wiki pages
    Wiki tag cloud
    Wiki tags
    Wiki categories
    Search wikis
    Popular wikis
    New wikis

but nothing for articles

I also have an issue on the Wiki settings, where the option box for "How shold Sub Wikis be ordered" always defaults back to Menu Order / Order Created despite changing to Title and saving. The order of sub wikis also always defaults back to Ascending.

Any help appreciated, thank you
    Melany

• Jack Kitterhing
    • Code Norris

Hi there @Melany,

Hope you're well today and thanks for the additional information.

I've taken a look and you have all the widgets wiki includes, by default the Wiki's display in yourdomain.com/wikis if this makes sense? :slight_smile:

I also have an issue on the Wiki settings, where the option box for "How shold Sub Wikis be ordered" always defaults back to Menu Order / Order Created despite changing to Title and saving. The order of sub wikis also always defaults back to Ascending.

This could be a possible jQuery error within the admin side, could you grant me support access via the WPMU DEV dashboard > support > support access and click "Grant Access".

Thanks!

Kind Regards
    Jack.

• Melany
    • New Recruit

Hi Jack

Hope you had a good weekend and thanks for getting back to me.

The bit I am querying is that I seem to be missing the Applications Widget - all of your info says it should be there but it is most definitely missing. I have attached a screen grab showing all of the widgets I have and don't seem to have the applications one mentioned in your info.

I am not sure whether this is because I am running on Windows and IIS and perhaps the code may not be compatible?

Ref the ordering of the sub wikis etc, at the moment we are in development stage and the site is only on my local drive on a secure network so unfortunately can't grant you access yet - would a full backup from BackupBuddy be of any help? If so I can upload this to Dropbox and send you a link for access.

But love the plugin, exactly what I was looking for

Melany

• aristath
    • Recruit

Hello there Melany, I hope you're well today!

The bit I am querying is that I seem to be missing the Applications Widget - all of your info says it should be there but it is most definitely missing.

Could you please elaborate?
    What "Applications" widget are you talking about?
    I tested this on my test site and couldn't find such a widget as well, but I also checked on the plugin's page on https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/wordpress-wiki/ as well as its usage page on https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/wordpress-wiki/#usage and didn't any reference to such a plugin, so I'm curious... what info says it should be there? Can you please post a link to that info so that we may understand which widget you're referring to?

Please advise,
    Ari.

• Melany
    • New Recruit

Hi there Ari

If you go to the usage page that you mentioned and go down to the bottom to the info on Widgets, thats where you will find details of the articles widget that I am missing. (sorry called it Applications in the previous post)

https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/wordpress-wiki/#usage It is the first widget listed.

Quote from your page " Widgets

There are four wiki widgets you can add by going to Appearance > Widgets:

The Wiki widget will display all your wikis according to your settings."

(See attached screenshot that shows the Articles Widget)

Thanks Melany

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.