I am doing an update on the above site. Firstly I need

Hi Guys,

I am doing an update on the above site. Firstly I need to update the plugin, will all the data be kept after I update?

Secondly I need to set up a new membership:

Year long subscription with two payments option.
1) Pay in full
2) Pay in instalments - 4 payments (every 3 months). (need to be automated)

Also client does not seem to be getting notified of new sign ups? How do I set up an email alert to new members to admin?

Can you give me some pointers to setting this up please.

Many thanks
Lynne

• Vaughan

Hi Lynne,

Hope you're well?

#1 Yes, your settings will be fine after upgrading, all the data is stored in the DB, so should be fine.

However, you should as a matter of practice, always do a complete backup of your DB & files via your CPanel before doing any major updates to your site. This then gives you an option to restore the site to previous state should anything ever go wrong with an update. It will save you lots of heartache if anything ever does go wrong.

#2 You will need to create 2 extra subscription plans.

Annual membership plan, with a payment set up as serial with 1 year period.

How do you want the 4 payments every 3 months to work though? or do you mean 1 payment every 3 months, ie. a quarterly subscription?

if quarterly, then set the 2nd quarterly subscription plan to serial and the period to 3 months.

You can add the same access level to each plan.

Hope this helps

• Lynne

Hi Vaughan,

I am good thanks your help :slight_smile:

OK I am making good progress and have set up as you suggest.

However can I check.

The annual membership is just for one year - no recurring payment, just a one year training program.

The other is an option to pay for the year long training in 4 instalments (ie. first payment, then 3 others at 3 months, 6 month, 9 months). Then again no more recurring payment.

Will this work?

Any help would be appreciated.

I can grant access for you to look over if that is easier.

Many thanks
    Lynne

• Vaughan

Hi,

Ok, so for the annual plan, instead of using serial, you would set it to Finite 1 year instead. This means once the year is up, their membership will cease and they will then lose access unless they resubscribe/renew.

For the quarterly, you do the same, but add a stacked levels in the plan , all using finite period for 3 months, and they must be the same price each month too.

Hope this helps

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.