I am getting a fatal error after attempting update Appointments+ (not WPMU DEV)

I tried to update my appointment+ by downloading ZIP them updating the file on my webhost site folders. now I get this error when I click on the "appointments" tab in the WP dashboard. I get this error: Fatal error:

Call to undefined method App_Template::admin_appointments_list() in /home/mettamadness/public_html/wp-content/plugins/appointments/appointments.php on line 6420

I tried again with the same result.

I have a feeling that there is a better way for numbskulls to update their WPMUDEV plugins.

Any assistance will be welcomed!!

Chris

• Michelle Shull

Hey Chris!

The WPMU DEV dashboard is the simplest way to keep our plugins updated, but for most of our products, you can upload and install them any old way you want. I think something may have just glitched in your Appts+ installation. Let's try an alternative method.

1. Delete the Appts folder from your plugin directory. Download a fresh copy of the Appointments+ .zip from the product page. Unzip it, then upload the full folder from inside the zip file to your plugins folder. (I think this is the method you just did, so you can skip this one if that's the case.)

2. Go to Plugins > Add New > Upload Plugin, then upload the still-compressed .zip file (meaning not unzipped) via the file chooser tool. Hit install, and it should do all the magic behind the scenes to unzip the contents for you.

3. Install our WPMU DEV dashboard by either of the above methods, and then choose Appointments + from the Plugins tab. :slight_smile:

One of these should work for you, I just tested installing Appts on a clean sandbox site I have with all three methods, and it worked, so I think the plugin file itself is okay. Sometimes things can get a little glitchy during an install, but usually just starting fresh or using a different method will get you going.

Thanks for being a great member!

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.