I am getting redirect errors on my WP subfolder install

I have 2 WP installs. One is in a subfolder. Both installs have .htaccess files. I have Membership 2 installed but is seems that the redirects are not working properly.
I get this message:
Future home of something quite cool.
If you're the site owner, log in to launch this site. If you are a visitor, check back soon.
Please see chat for .htaccess attachment.

• Mahlamusa

Hi Amina Epstein

I hope you are doing great today and sorry that you are having issues with your installations. There are three possibilities for the cause of this error, by the looks of it could be one of the following:

1. It could be a default 'index.html' file located at the root of your installs, please check for such file and rename or remove it.

2. In some hosts, it can happen if you used their custom WordPress installer, it adds and activate a "coming soon" plugin that displays the message. They do this so that you can work on your website privately until you are ready to publish. Please check if you don't have such a plugin in your website dashboard. There should be also a message in your dashboard sayoing your website is not live, this message should include a link to publish your website/disable the maintenance mode placed by the plugin.

3. It could be related to your host's DNS, some hosts point new domains to their advertising page and you have to manually change that redirect in your domain's DNS manager. Even though this seems unlikely based on the message you see, but some hosts do it.

I have experienced this with GoDaddy and Bluehost and in most cases its their plugin (point number 2 above) displaying that message and you should find a way to disable it in your dashboard.

I hope this helps, please let us know if you need further assistance.

Cheers,
    Mahlamusa