I am getting the below errors when creating a site

Hi, I am getting the below errors when creating a site and checking out with stripe.

Warning: preg_match() expects parameter 2 to be string, object given in /home/instapress/public_html/wp-includes/formatting.php on line 3435

Warning: preg_match() expects parameter 2 to be string, object given in /home/instapress/public_html/wp-includes/formatting.php on line 3424

Warning: preg_match() expects parameter 2 to be string, object given in /home/instapress/public_html/wp-includes/formatting.php on line 3435

Warning: strip_tags() expects parameter 1 to be string, object given in /home/instapress/public_html/wp-includes/formatting.php on line 3407

Warning: strip_tags() expects parameter 1 to be string, object given in /home/instapress/public_html/wp-includes/formatting.php on line 3407

Catchable fatal error: Object of class WP_Error could not be converted to string in /home/instapress/public_html/wp-includes/kses.php on line 1038

What is causing these errors?

Regards,
Luke

• Sajid
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hi @Luke! Hope you are doing good today :slight_smile:

I just tested stripe on my sandbox sites with test credentials and it seems be working fine to me. Can you please make sure you are using correct API keys. Is you stripe account is activated ? What is mode of your stripe account test or live ?

Also make sure its not a plugin conflict by doing a quick plugin conflict test by following the steps mentioned below (Flowchart). This will help me get into the bottom of this issue faster.
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/using-wpmu-dev/getting-support/

If its okay for you then please grant me support access so I can see your settings and do a quick test myself. You can grant support access by following the steps mentioned in this manual.
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/wpmu-dev-dashboard-enabling-staff-login/

Look forward towards your response :slight_smile:

Cheers, Sajid

• Sajid
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hi @Luke! Welcome back :slight_smile:

I went a head and placed an order with my credit card (inactive :grinning:. After processing the page refreshes and I received no error message. The error messages are on front end or in backend ?

Also please try to add following define in wp-config.php file of your WordPress. You can find this file in the root folder where you installed WordPress.
    Replace this:
    define('WP_DEBUG', false);
    With:
    define('WP_DEBUG', true);

If does not exists then add the second line of code in wp-config.php file before the line that says.
    /* That's all, stop editing! Happy blogging. */

Hope this helps :slight_smile:

Cheers, Sajid

• Luke
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Thanks for getting back to me.

I am having problems all over the place - with errors like;

One or more database tables are unavailable. The database may need to be repaired.

Having gone through all the usual WP repairs etc. I am going to scrap the instal and start again from fresh - see how that goes!

Any idea why WP isn't creating the required tables for new sites on subdomains? I can't but any advice is much appreciated :slight_smile:

I'll be in touch when the new instal is up should I have any further issues.

Many thanks,
    Luke

• Sajid
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hi Luke! Hope you are doing good today :slight_smile:

Yes do a fresh install and let me know if you still getting errors.

Any idea why WP isn't creating the required tables for new sites on subdomains? I can't but any advice is much appreciated :slight_smile:

I have found these threads on WP forum stating exactly same issue. It might be helpful for your to sort out this issue.
    https://wordpress.org/support/topic/can-not-create-new-subdomain-sites-in-a-working-syste
    https://wordpress.org/support/topic/db-tables-for-new-subdomain-site-fail-to-get-created

I personally think its because of your database permissions and space.

Feel free to submit new ticket if you need further support later :slight_smile:

Cheers, Sajid

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.