I am going to build a new website and try to find CMS and plugins

Hello, my future site will be very complicated. So I'm not shure Wordpress + WPMUDev plugins is right tool to build it. That is why I hope You help me to make a decision in Your favor.

Let me describe the idea of my future website or webservice and then, please, answer me if it is possible to make such functionality with WPMUDev, ok?

1. My site will be a marketplace with many sellers and customers. Each seller can upload one or more items to sell. I hope, this is widely occurred situation and You have right tool to solve it.

2. Every customer restricted to buy items for money. Instead of it, customer have its own internal account balance with virtual money (bonus points).
So customer get Ticket with 1000 bonus points in offline store. Log into account on website. Type in special code from Ticket and get 1000 bonus points into his internal website balance. Then he could buy items in the marketplace with his 1000 bonus points. Does this possible?

• Dimitris

Hey there Gegoo,

hope you're doing good and thanks for reaching us! :slight_smile:

1. My site will be a marketplace with many sellers and customers. Each seller can upload one or more items to sell. I hope, this is widely occurred situation and You have right tool to solve it.

For that kind of setup you can use a WordPress Multisite installation
    https://codex.wordpress.org/Create_A_Network
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/blog/ultimate-guide-multisite/
    which can have our MarketPress plugin installed and network activated but setted-up for each subsite (which could be served for each seller) and on top of that, there could be a global cart functionality as better described in product usage page here https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/e-commerce/#product-usage under the "The Global Cart and Chained Payments" subtitle.

2. Every customer restricted to buy items for money. Instead of it, customer have its own internal account balance with virtual money (bonus points).
    So customer get Ticket with 1000 bonus points in offline store. Log into account on website. Type in special code from Ticket and get 1000 bonus points into his internal website balance. Then he could buy items in the marketplace with his 1000 bonus points. Does this possible?

Unfortunately we don't provide any kind of gamification along with MarketPress so this should be custom developed as it also surpasses the scope of our support forums.
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/using-wpmu-dev/support-vs-custom-development/
    For that, you can also advise our Jobs & Pros section (no WPMUDEV staff members included).

Finally, another handy resource for you should be "How Free Trial Works" (if not read already)
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/docs/getting-started/how-free-trials-work/

Warm regards,
    Dimitris

• Gegoo

Dimitris, thank You! I still have some questions.
    My marketplace will be combination of two standart systems: directory of companies and global marketplace.

So every company owner can upload items to global marketplace.

Marketplace will be similar to Google Play, where You can find all sellings items in one global marketplace. But in Google Play there is no list of store owners (like companies in directory).

So I want customers can find item to buy 2 ways:
    First: if she wants to by a woman's skirt, she goes to global market place into category 'skirts' and see all selling skirts from all store owners.

Or second: if she wants to see list of all stores, she goes to directory and try to find a store she likes.

Does this possible?

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Gegoo!

So I want customers can find item to buy 2 ways:
    First: if she wants to by a woman's skirt, she goes to global market place into category 'skirts' and see all selling skirts from all store owners.

A MarketPress plugin on Multisite in a configuration suggested by Dimitris, would work pretty much that way for customer. Customer can visit your main site (e.g. "mystore.com") and browser the list of all available products. There can also be the list of categories so a customer can browser just selected category.

From "merchant" point of view that's a bit more complex but quite flexible too :slight_smile: During registration user gets his/her site (subsite of multisite e.g. "tailor.mystore.com") which actually is a full website with a "separate" store where she/he can add/upload their products. These products will be visible in a global product list too.

Therefore a customer can either go directly to the global store (mystore.com) or to a "sub-store" (tailor.mystore.com).

Or second: if she wants to see list of all stores, she goes to directory and try to find a store she likes.

There's no built-in "store catalog" but since each store is a part of its own sub-site of multisite e.g. a Blogs Directory plugin could be useful:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/blogs-directory/

If there's a need for more advanced store directory, it would need to be custom developed though.

Best regards,
    Adam

• Gegoo

Adam, great thanks! Its amazing! Right what I need.

Another one feature I need is city filter: at the very first customer visit he askd about his city location (which is suggested by his IP address). He choose his city and it filters selling items (or even sellers) with belong to his city.

In the simplest scenario every seller belong to one city only. And that is why the seller availible to customer from the same city.

In more complex scenario a seller can upload selling items which belongs to more than one city and they are availible to customers of that cities.

Does this possible?

• Dimitris

Hey there Gegoo,

hope you're having a beautiful day! :slight_smile:

This isn't something that our plugins can offer and I'm a bit afraid that you won't be able to find something similar bundled in a plugin form.
    This should be considered custom development, hiring a professional to build this for you may be the wisest choice here. You can also advise our Jobs & Pros section about that.

Warm regards,
    Dimitris

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.