I am going to launch my first wordpress site soon. I think

Hi, I am going to launch my first wordpress site soon. I think it may have a lot of traffic. I am considering cloud hosting. I inquired about this with my hosting company and was told that it
"doesn't require any system administration work. For a VPS/Dedicated server, either you or a sys admin would need to be comfortable working within the terminal on the server as they are unmanaged servers; we pretty much give you full access to the hardware to do what you want with it."

That sounds like it may be simpler. But am I wrong? Would anyone recommend cloud hosting for a beginner with basic knowledge about setting up a wordpress site?

• Sajid

Hi @Sim

Hope you are doing good today :slight_smile:

Choosing a hosting is very important decision one should made when launching his first website.

If you know how you to manage your website and keep it up to date or you are hobby blogger then you can use cheaper hosting like godady.

If you don't know and you are launching a website that will have lots of traffic/revenue then you should join a managed hosting service like WpEngine (recommended).

Take care and have a nice day :slight_smile:

Cheers, Sajid

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.