I am having

I am having an issue with media uploads. Sometimes, when uploading a jpg to the library, the image does not show up on the permalink, even though it does appear at the uploads url. When this happens, the thumbnail also does not get created.

If I click on the blank thumbnail, the image is not there, but if I then click Edit More Details from that blank page, the image shows up. If I then click Edit Image, I get this error:
Image data does not exist. Please re-upload the image.

I checked permissions, but that does not appear to be the issue.

• James Morris

Hello Austin,

Thank you for your question.

You've already checked permissions, which is good. Have you checked file/folder ownership? This can also cause problems. Also, have you checked the uploads folder to see if the files are actually uploaded? If they are, then it's related to either a plugin or your WordPress install.

If you've verified ownership of your directories, let's try to eliminate any possible plugin conflicts. Would you please run a plugin conflict test? Please deactivate all plugins and check if you still have the problem. If disabling the plugins solves the problem, then enable one by one and check which one is causing the problem. You can see the flowchart here: https://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/using-wpmu-dev/getting-support/

Please let me know what happens and if you have more questions. I'll be happy to help! :slight_smile:

Best regards,

James Morris