I am having a few issues with Jobs

Hi, I have downloaded and installed Jobs. However I'm quite a number of issues:

1) View Inbox button both on the Header Bar and also in the Icons Bar on the Jobs&Expert Page are not working.
-When I click on it, the page simple refreshes itself.
-In some instances, for example when I'm in the WP backend, the "View Inbox button" on the Header Bar cannot be clicked.

2) Is there any way to browse Jobs based on Categories?

3) Lastly, is there any way to limit the number of Expert Profiles that each user can create? I know you can set it in the Experts Setting, but mine is already set to 1 and yet I was able to create 3 Experts somehow.

Thanks in advance!

• Hoang Ngo

Hi again :slight_smile:

1) View Inbox button both on the Header Bar and also in the Icons Bar on the Jobs&Expert Page are not working.
    -When I click on it, the page simple refreshes itself.
    -In some instances, for example when I'm in the WP backend, the "View Inbox button" on the Header Bar cannot be clicked.

Please go to Messaging->Settings->General Settings, from here, you can see the Create Page section, please create or select an available page for the Inbox Page, which will fix your issue :slight_smile:

2) Is there any way to browse Jobs based on Categories?

Just for clarify, you mean a category archive page?

3) Lastly, is there any way to limit the number of Expert Profiles that each user can create? I know you can set it in the Experts Setting, but mine is already set to 1 and yet I was able to create 3 Experts somehow.

If you logged with admin account, you still do anythings, the rules only apply for non-admin account :slight_smile:

Best regards,
    Hoang Ngo

• Jiahui

HI Hoang Ngo,

1) Great! Worked like a charm! Thank you!

2) To be specific, when I click on Browse Jobs, all the jobs in various categories appeared. Is there any way to limit the jobs that turns up based on categories? For example, a Photographer may only want to see Jobs that are under the category "Photography"

3) I see. Thank you for ur advice!

Thanks Hoang Ngo for ur wonderful advice as usual!

• Jiahui

Thanks Hoang Ngo,

Sorry more questions re the J&E plugin:

1) Is there any way I can show a longer version of the Job title & Job Description? (See attached 1.jpg)

2) When I click on "Edit Expert", I am taken to "http://www.getkuote.com/edit-expert/" but this page is asking me to add a new Expert, not edit my existing one?

3) I have the same problem with "Edit Job"

4) When I click on "View inbox" I can see "Inbox| Unread| Read |Sent | Archive | Setting" when using Firefox but not when using Safari. Just a note, I'm using Firefox with my admin account and Safari with my user account so I'm not sure if it has an impact.

• Hoang Ngo

Hi there,

1) Is there any way I can show a longer version of the Job title & Job Description? (See attached 1.jpg)

Look like the attachment is missing, can you please check? :slight_smile:

2) When I click on "Edit Expert", I am taken to "http://www.getkuote.com/edit-expert/" but this page is asking me to add a new Expert, not edit my existing one?

3) I have the same problem with "Edit Job"

I think you should remove the Edit Jobs Page and Edit Expert Page from the menu, as this will require addition URL parameters to work properly. For editing Job or Expert, please follow the edit link in My Jobs or My Profiles page.

4) When I click on "View inbox" I can see "Inbox| Unread| Read |Sent | Archive | Setting" when using Firefox but not when using Safari. Just a note, I'm using Firefox with my admin account and Safari with my user account so I'm not sure if it has an impact.

Can you please have a screenshot, hmm, I've checked but the navigation buttons still display for me using Safari :slight_smile:

If you have any issues please don't hesitate to let us know so we can assist

Best regards,
    Hoang Ngo

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.