I am having a little trouble understanding the event

I am having a little trouble understanding the event categories for this plugin I am trying to make a Bermuda slide show. I see the slug /events and I made this event
http://www.fluffey.com/events/2014/06/bermuda-slide-show/
I am lost with this. The “slug” is the URL-friendly version of the name. It is usually all lowercase and contains only letters, numbers, and hyphens.

I tried using events I also tried using fluffey.com/events
there was no page. If the slug is /events

Then I should create a page called fluffey.com/events before I try to place short code I did not do this I thought event categories would do this or do I need to make a page called events according to the slug.

• Vincent

Hello again and hope you are well today@ Ari how are things.

Yea it seems ok if you hit override default theme although were would I place the short code's also were would I make a slide show is this possible to do. Another words were do the members go if they join the event.

Regards Vinny

After they join this link http://www.fluffey.com/bermuda/2014/06/bermuda-slide-show/ were do they go.
    Do you understand this.

Regards Vinnt

• Vincent

Hello @Ari how are you this wonderful day of plugs.

I am having allot of problems with your plugins all of them have issues unless there is some apache mods that I have to recompile.
    I was having serious problems with softaculious is a part of cpanel I was getting mysdli errors. According to softaculous they said I needed to recompile apache php with MYsqli .
    The error means that MySQLi extension is not loaded on my server. Please login to WHM -> Easy Apache and recompile your PHP with MySQLi extension enabled. This should resolve the first issue.
    I am still trying to figure out what the second issue is. Although once again I lost allot of work after recompile of apache with MYSQLi .
    The site http://www.fluffey.com was listing a index with just files.
    Some of your plugins need certain modules can you tell me whats needed because I can not afford to keep losing work like this.
    I am still waiting on the second disaster.

Regards Vinny

• Vaughan

Hi @vinny,

Most of our plugins will work on a box standard server that is configured properly with most common modules. Wordpress 3.9.1 core actually uses MySQLi, our plugins just use wordpress functions to operate. So the error you were seeing was most likely the wordpress core itself & not our plugin, as WP would have been trying to use MySQLi.

Some plugins require Curl & Fsockopen, aswell as Fopen to be enabled in PHP etc, but that can be said for other plugins too, Curl is required for many plugins that use external API's such as Gcal, googlemaps, Paypal payments, Facebook, Twitter and so on.

Softaculous is an auto-installer, I wouldn't personally recommend it, The built in wordpress installer is as quick and as easy to use if you can use FTP & create a database from your CPanel.

We would also recommend you have a minimum 256Mb memory_limit set in your servers php.ini.

Hope this helps

• Vincent

Yes my php.ini is set to 256
    upload_max_filesize 32

exacution is 90
    input is 90

max_file_upload is 32

This was set to 64 64 and 120 and 120

I thought it was way to much I sometimes get an exif error saying exif should not be enabled its not.
    Exif extension not available, admin should disable exif use
    What is that mean I am lost with this.
    Can you tell me what that is.
    Also I am haing a hard time with apache can you tell me is I should update to the latest version of apache .
    curlSSL module is enabled exif is not so I don't know why I am getting this error in some programs not wordpress piwigo is a part of wordpress and I get this error in there.

If you can help that would be great I am having allot of problems with some sites.

• Vincent

Also I wanted to ask do you know allot about php I am trying to get this dating site to work proper it needs help it takes plugins although not wordpress.
    Its emeeting software and there support is slow and hard to get them to make the right changes its a one man operation.
    Let me know for now I am trying to get this server to become multisite.
    Question if I put other sites on this server will they be affected by the wordpress multisite.

Regards Vinny

• Michael Bissett

Hey @Vincent, hope you're doing well today.

I sometimes get an exif error saying exif should not be enabled its not.
    Exif extension not available, admin should disable exif use
    What is that mean I am lost with this.
    Can you tell me what that is.

curlSSL module is enabled exif is not so I don't know why I am getting this error in some programs not wordpress piwigo is a part of wordpress and I get this error in there.

You should be able to fix it by following the advice laid out in this post on their forums:

http://piwigo.org/forum/viewtopic.php?pid=119704#p119704

Also I am haing a hard time with apache can you tell me is I should update to the latest version of apache .

How are you having a hard time with Apache? We'll need specifics in order to address this better.

Also I wanted to ask do you know allot about php I am trying to get this dating site to work proper it needs help it takes plugins although not wordpress.
    Its emeeting software and there support is slow and hard to get them to make the right changes its a one man operation.

What's the name of the e-meeting software, and what kind of changes are you looking to make? This sounds like something you'd want to hire a developer for.

Question if I put other sites on this server will they be affected by the wordpress multisite.

No, they shouldn't be. However, depending on how you have things set up, if the URL for a sub-site on your Multisite network happens to have the same address as a site you set up separately (like another Piwigo site), the latter site will be the one displayed.

Please let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Regards,
    Michael

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.