I am having a problem using User Sync. When I try to enter

Hello, I am having a problem using User Sync. When I try to enter the details and click Sync, I receive the following:

There was a connection problem. Please check the URL and Key of the Master site.

As far as I can tell, everything is correct, it just won't connect.

Any help here would be great,

Regards,

Kriss.

• kriss
    • Flash Drive

Log file:

[2013-08-15 02:43:39][S] 01 - new subsite conection - central_url=http://community.tianjinbang.com;; replace_user=1;; overwrite_user=1;;***
    [2013-08-15 02:43:39][S] 02 - sending request - url=http://community.tianjinbang.com/wp-admin/admin-ajax.php?action=user_sync_api;;***
    [2013-08-15 02:43:39][S] 04 - sending request: something went wrong***
    [2013-08-15 02:43:40][S] 0-10 - ajax actions***
    [2013-08-15 02:43:40][S] 4-10 - hash sum error***
    [2013-08-15 02:43:40][S] 3-10 - p or hash not set***
    [2013-08-15 02:46:01][S] 01 - new subsite conection - central_url=http://community.tianjinbang.com;; replace_user=0;; overwrite_user=0;;***
    [2013-08-15 02:46:01][S] 02 - sending request - url=http://community.tianjinbang.com/wp-admin/admin-ajax.php?action=user_sync_api;;***
    [2013-08-15 02:46:01][S] 04 - sending request: something went wrong***
    [2013-08-15 02:46:01][S] 0-10 - ajax actions***
    [2013-08-15 02:46:01][S] 4-10 - hash sum error***
    [2013-08-15 02:46:01][S] 3-10 - p or hash not set***

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hiya,

Thanks for posting on the forums.

Can you kindly let me know if you are running WordPress multisite ?

The plugin is only compatible with only WordPress Single Installs.

Please advise.

Cheers
    PC
    Sales &Support

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hey Kriss,

Thanks for posting back and sorry for the delay. I was away from work and could not follow it up.

I Don't see any other reason apart from it being a Multisite or you using BuddyPress on your site.

I will need to have a closer look. Can you please send me your login details via our secure contact form

1: Mark the email to my attention

Attn: PC

2: Include a link of this thread in the email

3: Include FTP and WordPress super admin details.

4: While filling the form, select "I have a different question" from the list.

Looking forward for a response on this.

Cheers
    PC

Please send the info for both the sites (Master and Slave)

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hey Kriss,

Thanks for posting back.

I think I might have confused myself with a typo somewhere. I am running a few tests to see if the plugin does work fine with BuddyPress. I will report as soon as I am finished testing it.

Cheers
    PC
    Sales &Support

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hey Kriss,

I just tested and it worked fine on my lab site and I was able to do a sync. I was running BuddyPress on the master site and single WordPress on the sub site.

I doubt it is an issue with your settings.

Can you kindly go to User Sync >> Uninstall and then make a the master site and subsite again and then try it out ?

If that does not work then I will need to take a closer look.

Can you please send me your login details via our secure contact form

1: Mark the email to my attention

Attn: PC

2: Include a link of this thread in the email

3: Include FTP and WordPress (both sites) admin details.

4: While filling the form, select "I have a different question" from the list.

Looking forward for a response on this.

Cheers
    PC

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hiya,

I have tested it now and after double checking it still says

"There was a connection problem. Please check the URL and Key of the Master site."

Not sure if this might be the reason but I doubt that as you are running one site on a subdomain of the main site, the issue is occurring. Somehow it might not be taking it as separate installs.

I tested by making your community site a master site to my subsite and it works.

I have asked @Maniu to chime in with his thoughts and advise.

Cheers
    PC
    Sales &Support

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hey Kriss,

Thanks for posting back.

You can activate the plugins for now.

Is there anyway to allow the plugin to accept direct IP address rather than a URL then?

That is of course if the plugin (or something) doesn't accept subdomains.

Well, ideally it should work if the installs are using separate database. So I would rather wait for @Maniu here :slight_smile:

He should be here sooner than later.

Cheers
    PC
    Sales &Support

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Just a suggestion. I think it not working on subdomains of a root domain kinda makes sense. We can simply use WordPress multisite if you just need to run 2 sites on same root domain.

With WordPress multisite, you will not need user sync anymore.

Cheers
    PC
    Sales &Support

• Ez
    • The Incredible Code Injector

Hey, had the same issue with this. (hope we talking about the same plugin here)

It only work on single sites and definately compatible with sub-domains, as long as its a separate installation.

To be honest, I can't say what went wrong, but here some notes.
    -Make sure its a single wordpress installation.
    -Both installations have the same Wordpress update installed. IMPORTANT
    -Check your permanent URL and make sure its the same on both sites.
    -Install the plugin on both sites.
    -Plugins and themes must be the same on both sites, or it wont display correctly.
    -You have two options, to either push the information to the other site or to pull it from the original site. I found that "pulling" data is better with large sites.
    -Make sure your permissions is correct for the "upload" folder with write access. (try and upload a picture on the site to see if it works - simple test)

Another tip! Try using this when the server is not that busy. Have some sites that have almost 100 pages that give me sometimes issues during the day. Late at night it transfers easy.

Hope it help.

• kriss
    • Flash Drive

Hi PC, I can't use multisite because i'm expecting high traffic on my second server.

Both sites run on separate servers to share resources. If i use multisite both site would have to be hosted on the same server, correct?

As for the plugin looking around i can see others stating they use it with a subdomain.

Any word back from Manui ???

could really do with getting this resolved and have some answers.

again thanks for your help PC.

Cheers, Kriss

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Thanks for your tips Ezra.

Kriss, I now its got your project halted, I am still running tests while waiting for @Maniu to chime in.

Generally our developers start looking for solutions as soon as we tag them here so that when they chime in, they can suggest you the solutions.

I will followup with him on this one and get back to you soon.

Cheers
    PC
    Sales &Support

• kriss
    • Flash Drive

Hey Maniu,

I can see that it is connected, rather than receiving the connection error.

However the users are not being synced across to the sub sites. I have tried syncing all sites, but the user count on the other wordpress sites haven't changed.

Any help would be great..

Thanks,

Kriss

• Maniu
    • Developer

Hey @kriss

It works now - i have synced the users:slight_smile: i believe it will be all good now.

Generally i have done small modification to the plugin on your hosts so please keep it in mind but i will include it in next release.

Thanks for helping as find this one,
    Maniu

• kriss
    • Flash Drive

Hi PC / Maniu,

Thanks for you help.

Just a quick question hopefully.

If I was to add on another subsite, is there anything you would have to do, to get this working?
    You mentioned you had to make a small modification to get this working, would you also need to if I was to add the plugin on another site?

Would it be possible to get to the plugin updated to include this fix soon?

Thanks for you help.

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hey Kriss,

The updates are launched with a couple of bug fixes or features. So its not possible to release one after every small fix else it would become very difficult to manage.

The best way is as Maniu suggested. Just use FTP to copy the folder and upload it to the other site :slight_smile:

I hope that helps. Please feel free to ask if you have more questions on the same.

Cheers
    PC
    Sales &Support

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.