I am having an issue with TinyMCE Advaned Plugin

I am having some very basic problems trying to get TinyMCE Advanced to load so I can set color options in my text editor.

These should be simple tasks within WP but I am having difficulty with these fundamental basics using gridmarket.

I have also tried loading other wp alternatives but can't seem to get them showing up after activating the plugins or in one case the update button in pages just wont work.

Can anyone offer support on this issue please.

Many Thanks

James

• Tyler Postle

Hey James,

Hope you are well today and thanks for your question!

As Faydra mentioned above, would you mind being a bit more specific about what you are trying to do? Are you able to provide screenshots of the isses you are running into?

What are you trying to set colours for? If the update post button isn't working then there could be a conflict as well. Try deactivating all other plugins to make sure they aren't causing the issue.

If you could post back with some more specifics then we'll be able to provide more efficient assistance here :slight_smile:

Look forward to your reply!

Cheers,
    Tyler

• James

Hi Tyler,

Thanks for your reply to my post and your related comments. I only recently joined wpmudev as a member and I am currently trying to get my design right using framemarket theme with gridmarket childtheme.

It really is a bit of a learning curve for me regarding getting the design the way I need it to look, but this particular issue is with respect to using the text editor within my pages.

I am trying to access the font color editor for my pages and I an unable to locate it to get my font colors the way I need them. I saw a thread in the support area that recommended TinyMCE Advanced Plugin but I am not able to see the buttons provided in the plugin.

So it is pretty much for using the color options and the other advanced features which this plugin provides.

Regards

James

• James

Hi faydra,

Thank you for your reply and I hope you are keeping well. First of all I wish to apologies, I should have addressed your reply properly and I didn't, so please excuse my manners.

I do value and welcome your input to any of the issue's I am having here using the the Gridmarket Theme. I have been using another platform for web building until very recently and I only changed to WP as there was no add to cart facility available within the program I was using and for the nature of the site I wish to build.

From what I understand so far, the gridmarket child theme seems ideal for my own purpose but I am beginning to feel that you need a good degree of css knowledge in order to use it in any customized way.

I guess it will just take longer to get through the learning curve hey?..but on a positive note, I think the experience gained building the site will probably be a good investment...even if it does take a few more months to get it done!

I do have another question faydra in addition to the existing one, if you wouldn't mind helping me with this I would certainly appreciate it.

I would like to insert an image slider into my site, immediately below the header and menu bar, which I think will bring it onto the top of the main page or panel.

The installation link for this wp slider is http://wordpress.org/plugins/responsive-header-image-slider/installation/

I am not used to using short codes and it's probably straightforward, but I feel a bit unsure and don't wish to insert the code into the wrong place by mistake.

Have you installed one of these before and could you assist with this please?

Thanks again in advance faydra and I hope to hear from you.

Best Wishes

James

• Tyler Postle

Hey James,

Hope you are well today!

I am trying to access the font color editor for my pages

You can access your font colours by toggling on the editor toolbar. I have attached a screenshot to illustrate. Is that what you needed or were you after something else?

I would like to insert an image slider into my site, immediately below the header and menu bar, which I think will bring it onto the top of the main page or panel.

The installation link for this wp slider is http://wordpress.org/plugins/responsive-header-image-slider/installation/

I visited your site and it looks like you have an image right below the header now, you will just want to replace that with the shortcode for the slider then you'll be good to go! If you were wanting to have it in the header template instead of in your page then you would have to use the PHP sample they have and place that in the header.php file near the bottom.

Hope that helps James! Let us know if you still need assistance :slight_smile:

All the best,
    Tyler

• James

Hi Tyler,

Thanks for the input, my editor has now changed due to disabling one of the TinyMCE Advanced Prof.Styles plugin. I am now seeing all of the editor features and can now access the font color tabs.

Also, I have managed to get the slider working, using the shortcode for the page setup. I may change this slider later but wanted to get the design for the home page established,..which at long last is now under way!!

Thanks again Tyler, the support for wpmudev is the best I have encountered for any of my platforms or software apps by far!

Have a great day!

James

• Tyler Postle

Hey James,

Awesome! Glad we got that all worked out :slight_smile:

Thanks again Tyler, the support for wpmudev is the best I have encountered for any of my platforms or software apps by far!

Thanks for sharing this James! These kind of comments fuel us to work even harder at providing the best support possible. Helps we all enjoy it too :slight_smile:

You have a great day as well! Let us know if you ever have any other questions.

All the best,
    Tyler

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.