I am having an update issue affecting my home page.

Hi,

I just updated my site with the new MarketPress 3.0 and I noticed that there are a few issues on my site, which is still under construction.

Although I haven't gone through the site in too much detail, I notice that I am unable to edit with my Page Builder on the home page, which appears "no title" at the top of my pages.

It would appear at first glance that page builder is not set up on the page now and there are a few squiggly red lines appearing where the data and elements were.

I am just about to redesign the site in fact but I would very much appreciate some input from someone, just to make sure that the site update is working okay with page builder/visual composer, or if you happen to see anything else that appears odd.

I have granted access to the site and would like to say thanks in advance for anyone who will support this request.

Regards

James

  • Vinod Dalvi

    Hi James,

    Sorry to hear of the problem you are having.

    Although I haven't gone through the site in too much detail, I notice that I am unable to edit with my Page Builder on the home page, which appears "no title" at the top of my pages.

    It would appear at first glance that page builder is not set up on the page now and there are a few squiggly red lines appearing where the data and elements were.

    Could you please share the screenshot of the issue?

    I have granted access to the site and would like to say thanks in advance for anyone who will support this request.

    I don't see the support staff access is granted on your site so could you please make sure to grant it so that i can troubleshot it?

    Kind Regards,
    Vinod Dalvi

  • James

    Hi Vinod,

    Thanks again for the support to the issue I am having with Page Builder/Visual Composer.

    I have included a Jing video clip of what is showing here but can only assume it to be a direct result of updating MarketPress yesterday.

    With regards to the problem I am having granting support access, I am still unable to resolve this issue and do not understand the exact nature of the issue. I have attached a screen shot of the notification I am having with this issue.

    Many Thanks

  • Vinod Dalvi

    Hi James,

    Regarding WPMU DEV dashboard issue could you please try deactivating and reactivating it and also try logging out and logging in from it.

    To log out from it in the WPMU DEV dashboard > manage > click edit

    This can be due to plugin/theme conflict on your site.

    Please make sure your site is enabled on the following page.

    https://premium.wpmudev.org/wp-admin/users.php?page=wdpun

    You can just try on your development site temporary using default WordPress theme like Twenty Fifteen and temporary deactivating all other plugins except which is providing the page builder/visual composer and activating them one by one as displayed in the following flowchart to know which theme/plugin is conflicting if any.

    https://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/getting-support/

    Regards,
    Vinod Dalvi

  • James

    Hi Vinod,

    Thanks for the reply and your related comments.

    With regards to the WPMUDEV Support Access, I have tried deactivating and reactivating the WPMUDEV Dashboard and tried to grant access but still the issue has not been resolved.

    I have also tried logging in and out again but has made no difference to the issue.

    I have also ensured that my site was enabled on the above link you provided and it was.

    With all the issues I am having on my site within the relevant threads, I have been unable to make any progress lately building my site.

    Yesterday, I tried deactivating most of my plugins and Visual Composer appears to be working again to a certain extent but I need to test more of the elements yet to be sure.

    I think that PopUp Pro is certainly effecting my site and I am unable to update to the latest version of PopUp Pro, as I keep getting an error message with a failed notification, as shown in a previous screenshot I sent you.

    There may be other potential plugins causing issues on my site and I will analyze these over the coming days to try and find potential plugins that may be contributing to my site issues.

    I did in fact decide to delete my home page yesterday and start from scratch, since I was not making any headway with the issues I was having but I am still encountering a number of problems with my site.

    My main concern right now is getting my Support Access issue resolved as a priority, since it is leading to much delay time for me.

    Please advise.

    Many Thanks

    James

  • Vinod Dalvi

    Hi James,

    My main concern right now is getting my Support Access issue resolved as a priority, since it is leading to much delay time for me.

    Our billing team will be eager to get that sorted for you. If you'll just contact them here, they'll do their very best to ensure you're happy!
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/

    Be sure to select "I have a billing question" from the menu to ensure it gets to the right department.

    I think that PopUp Pro is certainly effecting my site and I am unable to update to the latest version of PopUp Pro, as I keep getting an error message with a failed notification, as shown in a previous screenshot I sent you.

    You can update the plugin manually by deleting the older version on your site and downloading the latest version of POPUP PRO plugin from its project page https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/the-pop-over-plugin/ on clicking on the link "Download Plugin" and install the downloaded plugin zip file manually as described on the following page.

    https://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/wpmu-manual-2/installing-regular-plugins-on-wpmu/#ftp

    Thanks,
    Vinod Dalvi

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.