I am having difficulty getting the fundraiser plugin

I am having difficulty getting the fundraiser plugin to work. Here is a page with all my issues.

1. The featured image doesn't show up when I use your "Fundraising Form" shortcode in the main content. Am I not suppose to use the featured image? I ended up adding the image using the "Add Media" tab in Wordpress.

2. The featured image (in widget area) is cropped to a square even though I set the dimensions in the widget area to 300x120 (right). A square icon looks stupid. Sorry to be blunt, but it does.

3. What is the insert "icon" shortcode and how do you use it? I tried it several times and it did nothing. What is its purpose?

4. WHERE ARE THE DONATION BUTTONS!!! The only button I see is at the top of the page where I added the pledge button shortcode (and on the right where I added the widget). Where is the button for the "fundraising from"? Isn't there suppose to be a button with the form widget in the sidebar?

5. I can change the form design in the fundraising widget AND the shortcode. Which overrides which and why two settings. This is more confusing than need to be. I have to change settings in multiple places, update the pages, test, change setting, update, test... this is very frustration. Especially when it just doesn't seem to work.

6. The progress bar is at 80%. 80% of what?

7. There are two progress bars on this page. They look identical don't they. Funny because one is set to "fresh" and the other to "note". WHY?! Why two style look the same.

This widget seems not to work on MULTIPLE levels.

PLease help. I must be an idiot to not figure this out.

• Patrick
    • Support Monkey

Hey there @Steve

Welcome to the forums, glad to have you aboard!

I'd love to be able to help out here, but I believe there are other underlying issues on your site that may be at play here.

Your site doesn't even load completely for me. Even tools.pingdom.com stalls after a 60second attempt to load your main page.

Please start by implementing basic troubleshooting protocol as illustrated at the bottom of this page to locate what may be causing the sluggishness:
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/getting-support/

• Steve
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

I hope you have a month for me to get to this. I do not have time to figure out what is the problem. It works fine for me. The site got a low grade on pingdom but never timed out.

Sorry you can't help. I will have to figure it out on my own. Unless you know a brainy freelancer who can figure out what the problem is, I don't have the time - and have had no luck figuring it out myself why the site is slow. And my server had been no help either.

Seems no one can help. They sell it and then leave you. Sorry to be bitter. Just my experience lately with themes and plugins.

• Steve
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Something went haywire with the site today. And slowed everything to a literal hault. I had to go onto the server and halt all the processess. Though, the only thing I did today was work with the fundraiser plugin. Hmmm...

In any case, the site should work fine now. Though if my site continues to ramp up cpu I will have to deactivate the plugin.

Sorry for my previous comment. I am just sick of tracking down problems on my sites and coming up with no answers. I must be in the wrong business. This ain't fun.

• Steve
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

OMG. The start date. Your kidding. That fixed the button. Where is the documentation on this stuff? Would make your job easier.

What about the 80% progress bar and all matching styles? And the widget with the square image instead of the 300x120 that I specified in the widget settings?

Thanks for dealing with my frustration. I am stressed with the amount of glitches on the site and lack of answers I have been getting (not all with your plugin). At least are making progress now.

• Steve
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Done.

I had to create a page called "Fundraiser Campaign - Draft". That is the page i am sending you the link to. There is also a post pulled into that page. The post is called "Make your Pledge Today."

Good luck.

• Michael Bissett
    • Recruit

Hey @Steve,

- Regarding this:

1. The featured image doesn't show up when I use your "Fundraising Form" shortcode in the main content. Am I not suppose to use the featured image? I ended up adding the image using the "Add Media" tab in Wordpress.

It looks to be a theme related issue, as I'm able to see the featured image show up on my site when the Twenty Fourteen theme is in use.

You can definitely use the "Add Media" button to add an image to the page, if that works for you. :slight_smile:

- Regarding this:

2. The featured image (in widget area) is cropped to a square even though I set the dimensions in the widget area to 300x120 (right). A square icon looks stupid. Sorry to be blunt, but it does.

Inside of the widget area, you're setting the maximum dimensions for both height and width. It means that whatever image is chosen, it can't be any bigger than 320x140.

It seems like the size of thumbnail on your site that comes the closest to those dimensions would be the 140px by 140px version of the image.

However, you can create your own custom thumbnail size by using a plugin like this:

https://wordpress.org/plugins/simple-image-sizes/

(you may need to set it so that it'll crop the image though, but you can use a plugin like Post Thumbnail Editor to remedy any issues that come up with any images that don't get autocropped properly)

- Regarding the PayPal button issue, I was able to use the button without issue just a bit ago, is it still acting up on your end?

- Regarding the progress bar shortcode issue, it looks like your theme is overriding the shortcode that fundraiser uses, you may wish to contact the theme developers about this particular issue.

- Regarding your question about the "insert icon" feature, I take it you're referring to the "Choose Icons" menu? (see screenshot below)

In that case, that's actually not a part of Fundraising, the "WP Google Map Plugin" you have installed on your site is actually injecting that into Fundraising.

Let us know if we can be of further assistance here please! :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,
    Michael

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.