I am having difficulty with using short-codes in my theme.

Hello,
I am having difficulty with using short-codes in my theme.
If i use the Themes builder to insert a short-code in a text box, then save it. When I look at the page the relevant short-code does not display.

[course_join_button] for example is simply missing on preview.

Thanks

• Adam Czajczyk

Hey Themos,

I hope you're well today and thank you for your question!

This is a well-known issue related to the visual theme/page builders. Often those scripts do not save shortcodes properly, for example adding a "" tag around or encoding special chars (like quotes) resulting in shortcode not being "executable" (recognized by WP).

Usually, adding the shortcode directly with a WP editor instead of "builder's editor" helps but please first switch editor to "Text mode" instead of "Visual".

Let me know if it helped!

Cheers,
    Adam

• Adam Czajczyk

Hey Themos,

I apologize for not being clear enough. You don't have to disable visual editor, you just have to switch WordPress post/page editor from "Visual" mode to "Text" mode, please take a look at the screenshots attached.

This is most likely the reason for non working shortcodes, however if this is not a case that might be as well a theme or plugin conflict. If this doesn't help then would you try please to run a plugin conflict test by disabling all the plugins at once and then enabling them one-by-one, each time checking if the shortcode is working?

This also may cause some unexpected complications but if switching to text mode doesn't work, it may be as well the only way to identify the issue.

Kind regards,
    Adam

• Predrag Dubajic

Hi @Themos,

Sorry to hear you are still having issues with the shortcodes on your site.
    If the shortcodes are working with different theme then there is something in your current theme causing the shortcodes not to work.
    If you can grant us support access we can have a look at your site and check if there is anything that can be done from our end to fix this.
    To enable support access you can follow this guide here:
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/wpmu-dev-dashboard-enabling-staff-login/

CoursePress comes with some basic styling and we can't guarantee how it will look on third party themes, that's why it comes with it's own theme, and if you don't want to use default CoursePress theme you can still use code from its style.css file that should help you get started with styling it up.

Also, we can't deal with account related stuff in the forums, for all account related questions please use our contact form https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/ to contact our account department. Select I have a billing question and post your message. They can give you more info there.

Thank you,
    Predrag

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.