I am having issues with PayPal payment in Marketpress

If I have configured PayPal payment in Store Network of multisite installation, do I need to reconfigure that in subsites? In case if I enabled global cart, should I leave PayPal email option on the individual subsites blank? Some people have had trouble completing a purchase when they’ve had products from more than one multisite.

• Ash
    • WordPress Hacker

Hello Peter

When you use global cart, your subsites don’t need to be configured but the merchant email need to put. That means, subsite admins should put his merchant email in the paypal settings in subsite admin.

The logic is that all paymetns will be handled by the main/network account. There is one global cart. Users can add products from each subsite to the same cart and pay only once. Payment is handled by the network PayPal account. After successful payment it will send the product amount to each subsite account.

Hope it helps! Please feel free to ask more questions if you have any.

Have a nice day!

Cheers,

Ash

• Peter
    • Flash Drive

Thanks. Just to clarify, when using the global shopping cart and after the payment has been processed, Paypal will divide up the payment and send the required parts to each of the merchants (from the different subsites) with their part of the payment. It knows where to send the part payments because of the email address submitted by each subset merchant under Store Settings > Payments. Is that right?

What would happen if two merchants used the same Merchant Email? That is, what if two merchants used the same Paypal account?

I assume it’s fine for one of the merchants to be using the same Paypal account as the one being used for the global shopping cart.

Thanks for your help.

• Ash
    • WordPress Hacker

Hello Peter

It knows where to send the part payments because of the email address submitted by each subset merchant under Store Settings > Payments. Is that right?

Yes, this is right.

What would happen if two merchants used the same Merchant Email? That is, what if two merchants used the same Paypal account?

It’s fine, there is no restriction of using same paypal email for multiple subsites. This is quite possible, someone have three different stores in a network for three different types of products and that should not be any problem.

Have a nice day!

Cheers,

Ash

• Peter
    • Flash Drive

Thanks again.

I’ve been doing some testing with “sandbox” Paypal accounts in a staging site, and I suspect that if a buyer purchases items from two different subsites that are both using the same Merchant Email, the transaction crashes. I’ll do some more testing, but it’s looking that way to me at the moment.

This might not be a huge problem because it is possible to add additional email addresses to a single Paypal account, so each Merchant Email can be different yet still point back to the same PayPal account.

Should I leave this ticket open, or close it and start a new one if I find out more?

• Nithin
    • Support Wizard

Hi Peter,

I’ve been doing some testing with “sandbox” Paypal accounts in a staging site, and I suspect that if a buyer purchases items from two different subsites that are both using the same Merchant Email, the transaction crashes. I’ll do some more testing, but it’s looking that way to me at the moment.

I gave a quick test wasn’t able to notice any crash unless I missed out anything specific. Adding additional email address should be fine as you have stated too.

Should I leave this ticket open, or close it and start a new one if I find out more?

If you think you have any further query related to your test or anything regarding Global cart please do feel free to follow up on the ticket.

For any new queries, or issues related to MarketPress you can always open a new ticket so that there won’t be any confusions with handling the tickets.

Have a nice day ahead.

Regards,

Nithin

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.