I am having problem with my multi site.

I am trying a test site that register perfectly and I use an existing website as a template.
The first problem is that the new created site is not added under the list site in the tool bar

Second the test site copy all the products from the template site .

Pls advise.

• Predrag Dubajic

Hey @jacques,

Hope you're well today :slight_smile:

The first problem is that the new created site is not added under the list site in the tool bar

Are you referring to the My Sites dropdown in admin bar?
    This dropdown will only show sites you are admin of, for example, if you super-admin email is example-super@mail.com but you create new sub-site whos admin has example@mail.com address it will not show that site in dropdown for your super-admin.
    Let me know if that's the issue or did I misunderstood something :slight_smile:

Second the test site copy all the products from the template site .

Are you using New Blog Templates plugin to create template site?
    Are you looking to exclude products when creating new site?
    Which plugin is used for products, MarketPress, Woocommerce, something else?

Best regards,
    Predrag

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Jacques!

The first problem was with the site that's not showing under my site . I tough when a site is created it automatically showed up under my site cause I am the super admin.

\

As my colleague @Predrag Dubajic explained, under "My Sites" menu in admin toolbar you will only see the sites that are yours, meaning they are associated with that account you're currently logged in into.

For example:

- please login as "Admin" (that's a username of one of your super-admin accounts)
    - go to "Network Admin" -> "Users" -> "All users" page -> "super-admins" tab
    - you will find that there are four pages in total associated with this account (username)
    - click on "My Sites" menu in toolbar: you will see these four sites there

Now,while creating a new site being logged in to the very same account, you are given an option to fill-in and "Admin Email" field. In case you provide an e-mail different than assigned to the account you're currently logged in, the new site will not be assigned to you and you will not see it under "My Sites" menu in toolbar;

The user that's using an e-mail provided during site creation however will see that site there.

As a super-admin you can access any site of your Multisite Network, regardless whether the sub-site is "yours" or not, from the "Network Admin -> Sites -> All sites" list.

The second problem is that I used the new blog template plugin to create templates sites with market press Ecommerce.

The main idea of New Blog Template plugin is to allow you to offer "ready to use" websites to the users. These sites can even include content and this is what happens here. You cannot easily exclude any content type from New Blog Template, especially because the idea is to use a "reference/starter" site as a "source" and not a "live/working" site.

I think the best idea would be to do following:
    - create a "template site" based of the selected "live" site as you already did
    - go to that site and edit it by removing/adding all the content that shouldn't/should come with a "real" template
    - create another template based on this edited site
    - delete the first template from "Blog Templates -> Blog Templates" page (but not the site itself).

I realize it's a bit "twisted" but I think it would be better than altering plugin's code.

I hope that helps!
    Best regards,
    Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.