I am having several issues that I need to correct in buddypress.......

I have a few issues that I need help with on my site ilovetexasmusic.net

1. I wish to let visitors/strangers be able to view/purchase products. Currently one has to sign up in order to view products.

2. Is there a way to have the player 'float' on the front so that users can go to other pages without interupting the music?

3. Does the buddypress default theme allow users to leave wall posts?

4. Where/How do I set up the dropdown menu properly, currently the results are 'scary'

5. How do I make $138.27 per click?

6. Pro's & Con's of a 'free' blogging service?

7. My shopping cart is in need of a tweak, if I add a song to the cart, then log out, the song remains in the cart, even if another user signs in, yikes!

8. I was having trouble with people having the ability to create an account. I think that I have this resolved by running the 'repair membership' but I wonder if this will always or constantly need updating?

• Timothy Bowers

Hey musicman.

In the title you ask about BuddyPress, but I think you are asking about other plugins as well, is that right?

1. Are we talking about MarketPress?

If so then this is available by default and requires something like a membership plugin to prevent that. Are you running a membership type plugin?

2. Which player are we talking about?

You could also have content load through jQuery and keep a connection between pages. I suppose it depends on what player your using and what the developer provides. I know some people will do it through IFrames but I don't like that method personally.

3. Yes, all BuddyPress themes including the default one allows for the user to post to their activity streams.

4. There are various methods to create drop downs, many themes also have ways of handling that. I guess your might be using a custom theme you made if you want advice on drop down menus?

Maybe something like this will help you create a custom drop down menu:

http://css-tricks.com/simple-jquery-dropdowns/

Or

http://www.cssplay.co.uk/menus/final_drop.html

5. I presume you refer to our affiliate program?

If so then you can get details here:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/affiliates/

Users clicking through your link and then signing up generate your referral money. Between $26.07 and $138.27 per new signup referral.

6. Pros - You get a user base to advertise to, to upsell to and sites to advertise on as part of your service. It can help with google serps and being found by others. Its a great way to advertise your company.

Cons - You get a lot of spam, further overheads for equipment needs.

I'm sure others might have some to add to them.

7. Are we referring to MarketPress. Can we please see a example of this happening (your link)

Can I also check which versions of WordPress and MarketPress you are using.

8. What was the issue you faced? You shouldn't need to run the repair DB often. I've never run it on my sites yet.

Take care.

• aecnu

Greetings musicman,

Just checking if this issue was eventually resolved in another thread? Or by yourself separately to us? Or by us over email with you? Or using our live support?

If so, no need to reply, that's great news.

If not, or you have any more questions related to this thread, please feel free to post them below including any new symptoms or errors and tick the 'Mark as Not Resolved (re-open)' box below the post area (or else we'll miss it!)

Otherwise, happy days, glad you got it sorted :slight_smile:

Thank you for being a WPMU Dev member!

Cheers, Joe :slight_smile:

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.