i am having some difficulty (i believe due to bugs) in your

Hi, i am having some difficulty (i believe due to bugs) in your Jobs & Experts theme.

1. The jobs and experts demo data plugins don't seem to work on my site. After i activate the plugin and used it to create 10 records, nothing came out.

2. Is there a short code just for the search field only? Also a short code just to display the avatars? I am thinking of using the short codes in two different pages.

3. Is it possible for me to edit the properties of the search field such as the default text within the search field and the background image?

Thanks, appreciate your advice.

• Rupok

Hi Gerald

Hope you had a wonderful day.

1. The jobs and experts demo data plugins don't seem to work on my site. After i activate the plugin and used it to create 10 records, nothing came out.

We are sorry for this. This is a known bug and our developers are already working on it. I believe, they will come up with a solution very soon.

2. Is there a short code just for the search field only? Also a short code just to display the avatars?

I'm afraid, Jobs and Experts don't have shortcodes for Search field or Avatars. But this sounds a nice idea and I'm moving your thread to our Features and Feedback section. More people liking the idea, more chances our developers will work on it and will include this features in our future releases.

3. Is it possible for me to edit the properties of the search field such as the default text within the search field and the background image?

You can edit default text within the search field by creating a MU Plugin. For creating a mu plugin, create a folder named "mu-plugins" inside your "wp-content" folder. Then inside that "mu-plugins" folder, create a file with any name and with a .php extension. Now paste the code inside that file and save.

<?php
    add_action( 'wp_footer', 'show_checkout_button' );
    function show_checkout_button() {
        ?>
        <script type="text/javascript">
    		jQuery(document).ready(function(){
    		  jQuery('.pro-search').attr("placeholder", "Type Your Expert Name Here");
    		  jQuery('.job-query').attr("placeholder", "Type Your Job Name Here");
    		});
        </script>
        <?php
    }

For getting more idea on mu plugins, you can go through this article: https://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/wpmu-manual-2/using-mu-plugins/

You can change the background of the search input box with the following custom CSS Code:

#mySearch {
      background: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0) url("http://www.allmacwallpaper.com/get/MacBook-Air-13-inch-wallpapers/Abstract-wallpaper-for-mac-1440x900/2074-4.jpg") repeat scroll 0 0;
    }
    .job-query{
      background: transparent none repeat scroll 0 0 !important;
    }
    .pro-search {
      background: transparent none repeat scroll 0 0 !important;
    }

Please replace "http://www.allmacwallpaper.com/get/MacBook-Air-13-inch-wallpapers/Abstract-wallpaper-for-mac-1440x900/2074-4.jpg" with your own background image URL.

Is there anything else we can help you with? We will be glad to help.

Have a nice day. Cheers!
    Rupok