I AM HAVING TROUBLE

I AM HAVING TROUBLE CONFIGURING THIS PLUGIN...

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Anne!

The Google Calendar integration, even if misconfigured, shouldn't make your site break down. Instead, all that should be happening would be that Appointments wouldn't be kept in-sync with Google Calendar.

I suspect therefore that there's some other issue involved. Can you please tell me what exactly happened after you go through integration setup? You mentioned that "it makes your website not work" but in a what way: does the site goes "blank" or some parts of it stop working or just booking appointments doesn't work?

Also, did you manage to configure other aspects of the plugin to your liking (apart from Google Calendar)? I'm asking this because the first step would be to make sure that services and service providers are setup fine and that booking actually works. Then we could try to setup integration again and see what's causing the issue.

Looking forward to your replay,
    Adam

• Predrag Dubajic

Hi Anne,

500 error usually means that there's fatal error going on somewhere so we should check where.

Can you enable debug log in your wp-config.php by replacing define('WP_DEBUG', false); with this code:

// Enable WP_DEBUG mode
    define('WP_DEBUG', true);

// Enable Debug logging to the /wp-content/debug.log file
    define('WP_DEBUG_LOG', true);

// Disable display of errors and warnings
    define('WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', false);
    @ini_set( 'display_errors', 0 );

Activate Events+ plugin and follow previous steps to see the 500 error again and this should create debug.log file in your wp-content folder that could tell us what is going on.
    Can you please save it as .txt file and attach it here so we can check it out.

Best regards,
    Predrag

• Dimitris

Hey there Anne,

hope you're doing good and don't mind chiming in! :slight_smile:

I am not sure where to put this...

You should access your server via FTP or another file manager via cPanel, edit the wp-config.php file (this should be found to the root directory of your WP installation), find a line like
    define('WP_DEBUG', false);
    and replace it with the following (if the above line doesn’t exist, simply insert next snippet just above the /* That's all, stop editing! Happy blogging. */ comment)

// Enable WP_DEBUG mode
    define('WP_DEBUG', true);
    // Enable Debug logging to the /wp-content/debug.log file
    define('WP_DEBUG_LOG', true);
    // Disable display of errors and warnings
    define('WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', false);
    @ini_set('display_errors', 0);

Then go ahead and try to replicate the 500 error (activate Events+ and make any changes necessary for this to break). By doing so, a /wp-content/debug.log file should be created.
    Simply download it to your computer, rename it to debug.txt and attach it here in your next reply.

Take care,
    Dimitris

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.