Google Analytics settings for subdirectories

Hi
I am installing google analytics for my sub-directories based Multisite. I am the only user for all the sites in my multisite. Should I re-enter the same UA-xxxx code for every site?

Also what does it mean "Admin pages tracking" and "domain mapping"? which is the difference between activating / de-activating it?

And finally: how can I see the google analytics statistics inside WP Dashboard? it says "login to google with the button above to enable this functionality" but I don't know which button reffers to...

Thank you,
Pablo

• Kasia Swiderska

Hello Pablo,

I am installing google analytics for my sub-directories based Multisite. I am the only user for all the sites in my multisite. Should I re-enter the same UA-xxxx code for every site?

If you Network activated plugin, then you dont need to do that, you can only insert it in the Network-wide Tracking Code.

Also what does it mean "Admin pages tracking" and "domain mapping"? which is the difference between activating / de-activating it?

Admin pages are pages in WordPress dashboard - everything that is in /wp-admin.
    Domain mapping is when you are mapping domains your subsites with plugin like this one https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/domain-mapping/ - if you don't use domain mapping then you don't enable this option.

And finally: how can I see the google analytics statistics inside WP Dashboard? it says "login to google with the button above to enable this functionality" but I don't know which button reffers to...

This is "set up Google API project" button that is under the Basic Network Tracking Settings. Please see screenshot.

kind regards,
    Kasia

• Pablo Culebras

Hi Kasia
    Thank you very much
    I tried setting Google API project but I found it to be very complex - I didn't know what to enter in the fields under "Restrictions":

Enter JavaScript origins, redirect URIs, or both

Authorized JavaScript origins
    For use with requests from a browser. This is the origin URI of the client application. Cannot contain a wildcard (http://*.example.com) or a path (http://example.com/subdir).

Authorized redirect URIs
    For use with requests from a web server. This is the path in your application that users are redirected to after they have authenticated with Google. The path will be appended with the authorization code for access. Must have a protocol. Cannot contain URL fragments or relative paths. Cannot be a public IP address.

?

Besides that, I am not sure which version of google analytics comes with the wpmudev package. Is google analytics + = google analytics premium? if so, is not necessary to pay an extra fee for use it? I read it costs $150 / yr...

Beg you pardon for the questions, I feel a bit lost

• Kasia Swiderska

Hello Pablo,

Enter JavaScript origins, redirect URIs, or both

I just enter my site url in "Authorized JavaScript origins" and leave Authorized redirect URIs blank and it works.

Besides that, I am not sure which version of google analytics comes with the wpmudev package.

This plugin only connects your site with GA, it doesn't contain any version of it inside. So it is totally up to you what version of GA you want to use. You can go with free version, no worries.

kind regards,
    Kasia

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.