I am installing social theme and would like to know, do

Hi,
I am installing social theme and would like to know, do we need to install buddypress plugin also.
Also can I get documentation related to your themes and plugins installation. Please provide video tutorials related to wpmu themes and plugins.
Do we need to install membership plugin for using directory or related plugin.
Please advice me.

• WebDoc
    • The Incredible Code Injector

@RajSingh,

I am installing social theme and would like to know, do we need to install buddypress plugin also.

Buddypress is optional and sometimes problematic. It looks nice but you can achieve something similar using the WPMUDEV plugins.

Also can I get documentation related to your themes and plugins installation. Please provide video tutorials related to wpmu themes and plugins.

You can visit this link and read up on the themes and plugins. Video tutorials are here. Also, each page for the plugin/theme has a usage tab with some helpful information.

Do we need to install membership plugin for using directory or related plugin.

The directory plugin will work on its own but will work with membership for some advanced options.

Hope that helps!
    David

• Jack Kitterhing
    • Code Norris

Hi there @RajSingh

I hope you are well today and thank you for your question.

David (@SqueezyDee) Has provided you with some great advice there, you certainly don't need to install BuddyPress, the theme is designed for use with BuddyPress but it isn't required.

There are instructions on how to install a theme here https://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/wpmu-and-buddypress-themes-2/installing-new-themes/

David, is correct that the directory plugin will work on it's own out of the box :slight_smile:

Thank you for being a WPMU DEV member.

Kind Regards
    Jack.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.