I am looking for a way to organize my themes for multi-site users

I am looking for a way to organize my themes for multi-site users. I have created a ton of child themes for various themes and what I would like to do is put all the related sibling themes in the same folder. So for example, I would have a Twenty Twelve Folder with 10 different sub folders and those sub folders would be the children themes. Is this possible or do you know of a plugin? I also use Pro Sites so being able to regulate it by levels would also be a plus. Thank you!

• Ash
    • WordPress Hacker

Hello @Matt

Welcome to WPMU community!

I hope you are well today and thanks for asking the question.

I would like to do is put all the related sibling themes in the same folder.

Do you mean to keep all siblings child theme in one folder in your server (wp-content/themes/CHILD_OF_PARENT_THEME/) ?

Please let me know.

Cheers
    Ash

• Matt
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

What I would like to do is reorganize my theme folder. Inside of the main themes folder I would like a single folder for each Parent theme. Inside of those Parent theme folders, I would have a list of all the Child themes that could be used.

My whole reason in doing this is because I have at least a dozen different child themes for every parent theme and having that many themes on a single page can become really confusing for the end user. Having over 20 different parent themes with a dozen child themes each can become a mess to look at.

Maybe having something similar to a Theme Sitemap would be the way to go.

• Ash
    • WordPress Hacker

Hi there

I have talked to my colleagues about this issue but I am afraid I don't have any solution for you regarding this issue. You can change the default theme folder to something else, but you can't reorganize the folders in the way you want.

Cheers
    Ash

• Matt
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

I could find anything either so thank you for looking into it for me. At first I was wanting to organize my Themes because there are so many but if I could get the Theme Customizer to work like I think it will, it will narrow down the need for so many child themes with basic css edits. This leads me to another question...

How do I add a custom theme customizer option to my theme? I have managed to add Content Text Color, Content Background Color, and Content Link Color to the Theme Customizer and they work too, using a tutorial found online! My question is where can I find more field values or whatever they are called? Say I want to change the Navigation Menu Link Color inside of the customizer, what is that called? Here is an example of the code...
    <!-- Code Start -->
    add_action( 'customize_register', 'THEMENAME_customize_register' );
    function THEMENAME_customize_register($wp_customize)
    {
    $colors = array();
    $colors[] = array( 'slug'=>'content_bg_color', 'default' => '#ffffff',
    'label' => __( 'Content Background Color', '2012C' ) );
    <!-- Code End -->

The slug array is what I am talking about. In this code it is "content_bg_color".

If you could point me in the direction of where I can find all of those option names, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.